Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been reading a lot about some nasty dealerships!! I am rather appalled at some of the stories I have read. No intentions of being an a$$, but I marked excellent for my dealership and salesman on every question for the report card...and it was all honest! I love my dealership, sometimes I go and visit to say hi. The point is, I've had nothing but good service and quality from my dealership (MSA Ford, in Abbotsford Auto Mall). For one, I got almost $2500 off the sticker price, the salesman threw in a Mustang car cover, he paid (or is paying) for my first 5 oil changes, and I also got a dealership umbrella. My Bullitt had no defects and was flawless. All I had to do was buy my salesman a bottle of Amber Lamb's rum ($20) in return!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I gave my salesman, Robert Dawson at Don Reid Ford, a $50 gift certificate to Carrabba's. I really appreciate all he did to get me my Bullitt for the price I wanted to pay. That included running back an forth with the ownership for a day to get them to approve X Plan :smile:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I nominate Beverly Jacks as greatest sales person in my area. She works at Long Lewis Ford in Birmingham, Alabama. Anybody that's anywhere close to Birmingham should consider buying your Ford products from her. There's only one price and they disounted my Bullitt
number 60 and gave me the rebate. A very good deal. Of course neither of us knew I was buying number 60 when I bought it. I did not even know where to look for the sticker. I was just excited to get the car. It was not until I got home that I thought about looking for the number. When I saw 60 I just about could not believe it. I had to get a flashlight and look at the decal about 10 times. When Beverly called me after the sale to see how I was doing I told her about the number and she truly got a little emotional about it and was really happy for me. She had no idea what number she was selling and I did not know what I was buying.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought mine from Champion Ford in Shreveport, La. Good sales department by really poor service department. My car is still at the dealership waiting for a new caliper. They ordered the wrong part the first time.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I got good ol' 2759 at Robin Ford in Glenolden, PA. After finding the salesman that knew what a Bullitt was, it was a great experience. Bryan Hecksher was "da Man". He really took care of everything, and kept me informed while the car was on order. So far I've had great experiences with the service department. I ordered new headlights, mine were spotted. They promised them to me on Thursday, and they were there. I've arranged an appointment :eek: at 3:00 next Thursday to have them installed. They understood I needed the car to get to work and couldn't leave it with them for the day. So I'll take it after work and wait for it. So far, I love these guys.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i bought mine @ McMahon Ford here in St. Louis. my salesman (Ike Bibas)is a great guy and has treated me with nothing but respect and honesty. The service writer (Russ Koch)is a great guy and treats me with respect also. he actually listens to what i say and takes me seriously. ( i've had service writers in the past that acted like i couldn't possibly know what the hell i was talking about)
yes, i am VERY particular and meticulous and expect the dealer's service department to be the same. if i'm not happy( like when they put a half quart TOO MUCH oil in my car)they will hear about it and make it right. i have that confidence in them
my biggest complaints are factory quality and "fit & finish"

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I've had mine serviced at several dealers in my travels.

Ford Country, Las Vegas-Meridian Ford, Meridian, Idaho-Rich Ford, Albuquerque, New Mexico and Ennis Ford, Ennis, Texas have all given me excellent service with a smile. :smile:

St. George Ford, in St. George, Utah used to be ok, but ever since they gave me the runaround over a brake issue, can forget about ever seeing my Fords again! :evil:

·
Registered
828 Posts
I got my Bullitt at Cook County Ford Ga, they were great their theme is nothing over invoice except of course Lighting and Cobras which sell at sticker never gouging the price is their biggest draw and when I got the Bullitt I got it at invoice minus rebate and a good trade-in on my 00GT.

Roy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great to hear about all of these great dealers. Any suggestions for north/central NJ?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I thought I would chime in with a quick comment/question.

For you sales people out there.

How differently do you honestly treat different age groups. I can tell you from a statistical perspectives 18-25 and 50+ age groups are quoted much higher prices than 26-49 age groups.

I can tell you that my personal experiences have not been too great and appear to support the statistics model. When I was a young Marine in Hawaii, I was treated like crap at any dealer I went to (except motorcycle shops). As I got older 23ish I was still getting treated like crap, but I noticed a slight change. When I bought my Bullitt at 26 (I don't know if it was because of the car, the limited availability in the area or the saleperson) I was told "sure we can work on the price" on the phone. After I drove three hours south (to the only dealer with one left in the area) I was told, oops the Sales manager just said we can't sell it below MSRP. So, I had just sold my 96 GT (the week before) and I need a car...and I basically was forced to pay MSRP (or buy a different car which I didn't want to do).
Even with this car, the dealer really wasn't that nice about it. He insisted that I write "excellent" in all areas on my rating...he would give me a $50 bond if I brought the survey into them personally before I mailed it. I, being unhappy, said screw the bond and mailed "lower than normal" satisfaction ratings.

So, my question is...do you guys/gals do this or know of people who discriminate based upon age when selling a car/truck etc.?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Patrick Espinar of North Central Ford did an excellent job for me in my acquiring of TB #2999 back in 06/2001.

Trajan88
TB #2999

·
Registered
822 Posts
Anyone one...Bueller?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
So, my question is...do you guys/gals do this or know of people who discriminate based upon age when selling a car/truck etc.?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Not only on age, but also on sex. When I go to any dealer that pulls this CRAP I just walk out. SCREW 'EM.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts