Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad News - Didn't know it at first, but I managed to run down 2 different plastic bags this morning and melt them onto the exhaust. What a stench!!!

Good News - Having just had the oil changed, I had some fresh drops of oil on my garage floor. Went to the shop that did the work and asked them to check the filter. The drops were from that area. Filter Ok, had some spillage on the A-frame below it, and that was the source of the drops. Was invited down into the pit to look for the melted plastic smell. What a neat undercarriage. Even neater factory exhaust set up. I can see with those 4 little cats where some of the HP our engines could make is tied up. Nice H-pipe already there. Those Arvin mufflers have got to be the slickest ever mounted in a factory app.

·
Premium Member
18,850 Posts
I also was underneath the Bullitt today.
Detailing with Pledge furniture polish.
No melted plastic bags on the exhaust but
alot of dust and some highway paint, I re-
member driving over this about a month ago.
The guys at the shop were all marvelling at
the add-ons underneath.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-05 23:44 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,251 Posts
The guy that detailed our R for us used Simple Green for underneath the car. It works wonders everyone! He put mirrors down for us to see every inch under there. Very shiny. :smile:

·
Registered
444 Posts
First time I had the car lifted the guys at the dealer were all crowded around the car. It was the first Bullitt they'd ever seen. They point at everything looking at all the differences between the GT and our car. It was cool to look at the car like that.

·
Premium Member
18,850 Posts
To kfengler, yes, it would drive me nuts to
drive it in the rain or snow. When I was
underneath the Bullitt I noticed alot of spots on the frame that got missed with
green paint. Good potential for rust. I am
lucky this is my fun car and not my daily driver. I do take it to the drag strip and
race it. Not too hot at that, I think I need
to go to drag school. Anyway, what a rush!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts