Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - next review...I recieved the SCT tuner and 91 octane tunes yesterday. The torque tune was the first install. My first impressions...Install was a breeze - plug it in, push some buttons and voila pcm is updated.

Start the car - looks like warm idle is about 200 rpm higher than stock - depress clutch, engage reverse, and lightly accel out of the garage. Immediately apparent that the throttle responsiveness is greatly improved, not quite edgey but not as lazy either. Get out of neighborhood and onto main street - gun it - throttle is now right beneath you - if you smash it - it goes , feels slightly more powerful from 3500-6500 and no rev limiter at 6500 (i believe he sets it at 6800)- seems to pull better between 5800 and 6500 than stock, maybe the factory pre-redline power reduction is eliminated. I can tell that this tune would be a good DD tune.

I will install the Race tune for the drive home and report on it tomorrow.

I would also caution that the performance gains from this tune are minimal at best. The tune does seem to change to torque band a little bit to the lower side and increase the final pull up to redline but as far as the ass dyno the car feels the same. I would guess very little to no change in hp and little to no change in torque, however the hp and torque are easier to get to with the new snappy throttle, which was my purpose for buying the tunes anyway. Not to mention the need for it once custom tuning is called for.

Oh and by the way - Doug has been great to work with - answered several calls from me regarding the tuning and the future mods I have planned. He emails back promptly and is very knowledgable. I will spend and extra couple bucks ordering some cams from him rather than save a few bucks and get them from one of his competitors.

Until next time -

Happy Hunting.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanks Adam for taking the time to post your impressions of the new tunes. I remember on my '07 when I loaded tunes from VMP the difference was like night and day. I guess Ford did a pretty fair job setting up the computer, except for the throttle response and higher redline. I'm happy for now with the way she embarrasses anyone foolish enough to challenge me at a red light. I do see a set of "Hot Rod" cams in my future .... I want that old school engine lob! Thanks again!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.