Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the following reply from Brendan at Banshee http://www.bansheeperformance.com , I'll be first in line...

Frank, Thanks for your interest in the Banshee Performance Ram Jet. You read our minds when you asked about the Ram Jet to the Bullitt car application! Its a definite must for us to do and we believe with a little tweaking on our part it should be a done deal shortly after the release of the Ram Jet 99-01 GT application. To answer your question about the hood..the answer is..yes, the kit will come complete with the redesigned hood. There is simply no good way to make the Shaker scoop pop through the existing hood without creating a huge hole in it. We believe our hood with the integrated air extractors is the best combination of function and look. By the way , we were at the NMRA Nationals at Byron Dragway this past weekend and we interviewed in depth by ESPN 2. We were showing an 86 Saleen as well as a silver 2000 GT. The spot will air on August 31, on ESPN 2's Inside Drag Racing. Tune in and see the Shakers shake! Thanks. Brendan Cuddihee

DHG #1035
1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT-E w/427

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-07-31 12:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Sorry Rarecat, I'M first in line for that Shaker Ram Air hood. Ain't that thing bitchin'! :grin:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it NOW!!!! I'm thinking that I'll paint the scoop black with a black stripe from front of the scoop to the grill, following the hood lines....

Sweet!

DHG #1035
1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT-E w/427

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rarecat on 2001-07-31 11:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Was thinking the same thing about the paint. I wrote to Banshee a few weeks ago and inquired when the system would be ready for the Bullitt. I wish I had kept the e-mail responce, but I recall them saying it would be late fall.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rarecat is obviously challenged when it comes to posting links(thanks for fixing it Nasty)...Anyway, I gotta think that hood is going to add another $600-700 bucks...I'll bet the grand total is $1300.00

I'll still buy it!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Ya know, my dryer duct ram air is startin' to look pretty good to me now. Aw hell, it's only money. I still want it! Gimme, gimme, gimme.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, still have to have it! The picture is stuck in my head, there is no turning back!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Naaaa. It doesn't shake. Besides, I need the scoop on top to aim with. :grin:

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 Dryer Duct Ram Air, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
AMC AMX #7831 Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-07-31 13:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I've got to figure out the plumbing for a supercharger to go with it...that won't cost much either...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That Banshee hood and mod is BAD arse!!! I gotta start saving!!!! :grin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great but what rwhp/rwtq gains are we talking about for $1300.? Anybody got numbers?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In looking at the hood, I'm thinking some turn signal indicators would look great in the two rear facing vents...another tip of the hat to 68...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More from Brendan at Banshee:
Frank, It was great to see the response to the Ram Jet on your forums page. I must admit I didn't realise there was such a strong Bullitt contingent out there and kudos to you Bullittheads on your website..it looks great! I am sending along a few pics of our GT we had at the Dragway this past weekend. Let us know what you think. B Cuddihee
Will forward pics to post....
Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the new pics, it looks great! My preference is black, but
I'm kinda old school. I'm sure there will be lots of opinions for each
color....to each his own... Looks like there is quite a bit of interest in
your system. Would you like me to see about getting these posted on the
Bullitt site? The one question people have that no one seems to have an
answer to is what kind of increase in HP will this system give you? Thanks
again for the pics, I look forward to being able to put this on my Bullitt!
Frank
Response....
Frank, Glad you like it and ,yes, go ahead and post the pics. The HP issue is one that is a little difficult to quantify simply because dyno testing is not applicable on a set up that relies on the vehicle moving to force air into it as opposed to a mechanical induction such as a turbo or blower. A forced fan set up could be set up to try to approx. the ram air effect but it would be an inexact sciece to be sure. Quarter mile testing could also be done but again the variations in ET's on different runs would by themselves probably negate the results. We have found that most functional ram air hoods make claims of 15-20 HP gains over stock and we feel that because of the Ram Jet's shorter and more sealed air route, over many of these systems, that we have the edge. I know that from practical experience the Ram Jet gives you an appreciable HP gain over stock and it really comes on strong over 40 mph. I hope that I answered your question. If you have any more please let me know. B. Cuddihee

(sorry for the long post, good info though!)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heat is the variable to be dealt with. These are draw through factory meters, not blow through. Put your hand on the hood on a hot day, then reach up into the inner lower fender liner and see what the temperature difference is. You want to pull air from the coolest spot, and insulate it without it sitting in any non-necessary underhood ducting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll die if I don't get one of those ram air kits. It solves that darn water-spot problem with a vengence! Do they have the dyno numbers for a Bullitt with ram air (what kind of HP increases can we expect)? It can only serve to make the supercharger perform better right?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cripes! That looks like something SLP created for the STang....yUCK!

I don't want the big buck teeth!
:wink:

Paul G.

·
Registered
393 Posts
sorry guys, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for drastic performance gains.

If your buying the hood for cosmetic reasons, then good. But as far as a performance mod, it will end up being one of the WORST bang for buck mods you could choose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts