Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used Bassani 4699-3 X pipe with 6K miles on it in like new condition for a real good price. If I install this on my Bullitt am I going have grief from the dealer if anything goes wrong with my engine? Also, will I get a check engine light with the Hi Flow Cats on the Bassani? The stock H pipe looks pretty restrictive with 4 cats. I am wondering if the computer code has enough bandwidth to deal with the change. Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Beware of the cats on the Bassani X pipe.. I have heard guys do nothing but bitch about them go to hell real quick. I would look into a Mac Off road H pipe. Real cheap and it will sound good with the stock cat back.

My dealer is real cool about mods... there is no way it could lead to engine damage anyways...

Doug

·
Registered
762 Posts
John, I have a Bassani-X with cats on my Roush and never once had a problem or code. Doug is right however, that some guys on other forums have complained that their Bassani's "crapped" a catalytic converter.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for input guys. I have to go with cats because Georgia has emissions testing. I will take a look at BBK. I know they just came out with an X pipe with cats.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We have emmisons in Washington as well. All you do is keep your stock H pipe and put it back on when you need to go through emmisions. IT is a no braner to switch back and forth. But you will have to do it yourself. Me and my buddy have done it in 25 minutes.

Doug

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arthur, did you leave the stock cat back system on? If so, what was the result? Any deeper or louder? Thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
John I kept the Roush supplied side exit cat back on that car. Since it was done before I picked it up from their Facility in Mooresville I can't say how that car sounded before. However, compared to my coupe Roush which didn't have any exhaust mods other than the standard Roush and Ford factory, it was more mellow at idle. At wide open throttle and acceleration however, they both were equal. After my engine gets re-built (bad blower tune in case you didn't catch the thread) I plan to swap the Roush cat back for Borla. I really like the Bassani-X plus Borla cat back sound. Hope that helps.
Arthur

1 - 7 of 7 Posts