Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of these mods,

Anyone with a Bassanni X-Pipe and/or a K&N filter that can provide info on rwhp #'s?

Thanks,

Max Cruz

Black Bullitt 3207
Black V10 Excursion 4X4
and an Old 92 Crown Vic

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
wish I could help I was woundering the same thing, I want to get the off road x pipe by bassanni or borla and get a cold air system with K&N filter
let me knoiw if you find out anything on the pipes

thanks TRAvis

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that really helps, I didn't know it was that good of a gain. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maxcruz,

I will be going to the dyno on Dec 7th. I'll post my results after I'm done. I have the same mods you are asking about, so it should be a good barometer of what to expect.

Eric

·
Registered
394 Posts
JB,

I copied this info from my post in the Dyno section:

These are baseline Bone Stock Dyno results.

700 miles on the odometer

Best run SAE corrected:

Max Power:230.2 rwhp
Max Torque: 266.5 rwtq
Dyno correction fact was .9817295

I'm hoping the numbers look a little better now that the car has ~5000 miles on it. My SOTP meter didn't tell me there was any difference with the X-pipe or Densecharger.

I will update this info as soo as I get back from the dyno.

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-11-28 13:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,
looking forward to see them so I can get a good ballpark.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Eric, thanks for the info. I'm anxious to see what increases you receive. I've had a bassani xpipe w/cats on my vorteched 98 Cobra for akmost three years. I love it and the car passes inspection quite easily here in Texas (500+hp to boot).

You will pick some power/tq up from just the break-in. I dynoed 236hp/272tq at 480 miles, 239hp/275tq at 2200 miles, and 241hp/280tq at 6700 miles. So, it looks like the break-in was good for around 5hp and 8tq at the wheels.

Good luck and keep us posted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts