Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this question is going to be laughable to the vast majority of you, but here goes:
While my car is in winter storage, I plan on charging the battery once a month or so. On the battery charger I have, I have a choice of setting the amps to either "2 Amps" or "10 amps". Which is the appropriate setting for the Bullitt's battery?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
2 amps setting is a trickle charge to keep a battery on an even plane.

10 amps is a good overnight charge.

If it were me, Bruce, I'd just start the car and let it run for about 15 minutes once every couple weeks to keep the battery charged and all the engine seals lubed up.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
The argument on cold starts is on lubrication. Friction is your enamy;-)... Now considering you have to start the car anyway, and the trade off is moisture that "could" cause other problems, as well as seals that are not getting lubricated, I think I would start the car.

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for your advice. (And, Bob, am I to assume that the smiley face with the mallet is you and the smiley face on the receiving end is me? Thanks a lot, bud!)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm so glad you clarified that!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-02 00:44 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts