Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do many people have them? Does it give any real, noticeable handling advantage? Where did you get it?

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
agray56 said:
Do many people have them? Does it give any real, noticeable handling advantage? Where did you get it?

Thanks

Alan
It's been done to my car by the previous owner. Steeda makes a kit, I belive there may be others as well. It was done to accomodate the Vortech aftercooler, the resevoir goes where the factory battery would go. I can't give you a before & after review as I have only driven it with the battery in the trunk. I don't know of anyone who has done it just as a handling mod, maybe someone else will chime in who does....John R :dhg01:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I too have been pondering a battery relocation. However, I am more interested in performance at the 1320. No doubt moving about 35lbs (I'm guessing at the weight) from the front corner to the rear will help the rear traction under acceleration.

I am also pondering keeping the stock location, but switching to a lighter weight battery. An Oddyssy is less than half the weight. Anyone have any experience with those?

I'd also love to hear from people who have moved or switched batteries.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Go with the light weight battery. You have to figure the additional weight of the longer heavier gage cables needed for the rear mount battery.
Just use your light weight battery on race day!

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you are anything like me, you don't want to change batteries on race day.

It definitely helps to get some of the weight distributed to the rear. I'm thinking of a light weight odessey relocated to the trunk. Yes you add weight from the cable but you lose weight from the nose which is good.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Rick,
Exactly which model of the Oddyssey battery did you get?
I don't want to order the wrong one...
Did you weigh the stock battery to see what the weight saving was?

Anyone know what the weight of the long cable for relocation is?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Just be sure you wire up your rear battery mount,in a safe manner. You don't want to do it,in a way that the main heavy gage cable is HOT all the time. This could really give you a hot rod,if the cable shorts out to something! Been there before!!
You want to wire in another Ford type starter solenoid,like a relay,at the battery location,which makes the main cable hot only in START mode. Then have a fused cable,large enough,to carry the load of running the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.