<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-27 22:16, donwil wrote:
1. Did everything line back up OK?
2. Did you have to get an alignment on the frontend after you were through?
3. How long did this take you?
4. On a rating of 1-10, 10 being high, how much mechanical ability does this require. I feel I am at a 7+.
5. How do the headers mate up with the rest of the exhaust?
If you are a 7+ mechanically it will be no problem for you. Just make sure you plan a weekend to do it. You will need an extra set of henads so get someone to help. It should take about 8-9 hours to do it your first time. To answer your questions:
1. Everything lined up fine. It did take a little muscle on the H-pipe to header connection. (H-pipe was slightly narrower than the headers)
2. The car will need to be aligned. I have not done this yet because my car is not pulling or shaking and I am waiting to install my C/C plates before getting it aligned.
3. Took me 9 hours. That's with writing stuff down and taking pictures.
4. Mechanical ability of 5-6 or better recommended. Just be smart and make sure the car is well supported. Make sure the engine is well supported. The rest is just turning a wrench.
5. The headers mate up with the rest of the exhaust great. The rear of the H-pipe ligned up with the cat-back perfectly.
Hope that helps,