Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have MAC LT's. Less $$'s but not as pretty as the BBK. Wouldn't even waste my money on shorties. Might as well stay stock. There are tranny/clutch issues with long tubes but who cares, the power increase makes it worth any future "hassle". They aren't too hard to loosen up once they are in place. To those of you with short headers: relax. it was your choice. they were prolly 300 times easier to install anyway. im just telling him what i think.

gary

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gary,Tell me more about the tranny/clutch problems. I bet they heat up the clutch cable a bit maybe. If they aren't trouble free,I don't want them on this ride. Hey, I am 47,and crawling underneath this thing to fix a problem with the headers isn't as much fun anymore!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a small problem with accessing the clutch if you need to replace it. You have to loosen the headers in order to get to everything. They kind "hug" the the lower part of the motor and there isn't much room to work. Nothin major really, just an extra step you have to take if you need to access that area. But how many times are you going to have to do that? Compare that with how many times you are going to stomp on the gas and appreciate your new long tube headers. No other negatives to them, only positives. One tip though: make sure you get O2 sensor extensions cuz the factory wiring won't reach. www.brothersperformance.com some ppl just splice in longer wires. it's up to you.

gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts