Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lisa is my 2008 Bullitt and has FRP Hot Rod Cams, Plate deletes, FRP500 Mufflers and FRP 62 MM Body.
I just put on BBK Long Tubes and the sound was TERRIBLE AND VERY LOUD (raspy).
I was very unhappy with the sound. My Bullitt is a salvage title and had some damage to the FRP500's so had thought of replacing with something. I read 100's of reviews on all types of axle backs and the people that seemed most happy with the headers and MBRP pro series seemed happiest. I ordered them and got them on last Sunday and I COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY. the sound has returned back to a deep tone to about 2500-3000 and then growls like it should.

Just thought Long Tube guys should know.

Mike

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No vid so it didn't happen.
She is in the body shop getting a butt lift so I can not do one now , but trust me it happened, or you could experiment on your own. 😉

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd certainly like to hear it as well, take a video when she gets out of the shop.

I haven't heard my car since begining of November when I parked it. In the process now of swapping cams and adding the FRP intake. Can't wait to hear it start again maybe even Saturday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd certainly like to hear it as well, take a video when she gets out of the shop.

I haven't heard my car since begining of November when I parked it. In the process now of swapping cams and adding the FRP intake. Can't wait to hear it start again maybe even Saturday.
I will do a video when I get her back but even if it was possible before going to the body shop, it was simply too windy here with gusts to 45MPH.
Hope you get yours going soon. I miss my baby already and only 3 days !!!
Mike

Reactions: Bullitt5989

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will do a video when I get her back but even if it was possible before going to the body shop, it was simply too windy here with gusts to 45MPH.
Hope you get yours going soon. I miss my baby already and only 3 days !!!
Mike
Here is how they look installed.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Lisa is my 2008 Bullitt and has FRP Hot Rod Cams, Plate deletes, FRP500 Mufflers and FRP 62 MM Body.
I just put on BBK Long Tubes and the sound was TERRIBLE AND VERY LOUD (raspy).
I was very unhappy with the sound. My Bullitt is a salvage title and had some damage to the FRP500's so had thought of replacing with something. I read 100's of reviews on all types of axle backs and the people that seemed most happy with the headers and MBRP pro series seemed happiest. I ordered them and got them on last Sunday and I COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY. the sound has returned back to a deep tone to about 2500-3000 and then growls li

Just thought Long Tube guys should know.

Mike
Here is a link to what my 2009 Bullitt sounds like. I have, HR cams, BBK LT, BBK high flow catted X-pipe,going to a Borla ATAK cat back exhaust. Engine wise it is NA with FRPP performance intake, BLOW BY RACING TUNE, FRPP THROTTLE BODY.
The first link is in my garage and the second is me doing autox to give you an idea of how loud it can get.....
Mike snyder

Reactions: Bullitt1898

·
Registered
111 Posts
Both of you guys set up looks good. I currently have magnapack mid muffler set up and the car sound pretty good. Not too loud since I do have factory cats. I am thinking about trying out a pair of old Borla XR-1's this summer. Hopefully, not too loud then the current ones.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here we go , I finally got Lisa back from Paint and body and decided to do this video as some of you asked for it.
Hope you enjoy!

Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both of you guys set up looks good. I currently have magnapack mid muffler set up and the car sound pretty good. Not too loud since I do have factory cats. I am thinking about trying out a pair of old Borla XR-1's this summer. Hopefully, not too loud then the current ones.
Hope it sounds great for you !!!
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts