Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May of 06 I was taking my son Dylan to the hospital to have his cast removed. As I'm driving up the road Johnny Law jumps out and pulls me over. He claims I was doing 62 in a 40 zone. That's in KM's so it would be 40 in a 25. He turned out to be a real decent LEO and despite my suggestions that he drop it down below the limit so that I wouldn't lose demerit points. All he kept saying was "Go to court"

Today at 7pm I go to night court. The Prosecuter suggests dropping it to 55 in a 40 zone so I don't lose demerit points and pay the 37.50 within 30 days. Of course I agree to it but then I notice the time of offence was at 0:00. I point this out to him and he tells me that means nothing.

My goal was to leave there without losing any points so I figure WTH, I'll take it. A while later the Prosecuter calls me up and tells the Judge that I will plead guilty to the 55 in a 40 which I agreed to. The Cour officer stands up and starts reading the new 55 in a 40 when she stops and hands the ticket and paperwork to the Judge, he looks it over and suggests the Prosecuter look it over as there is no time of offence. The Prosecuter then looks at the forms looks at me and says.. "I guess this is Mr. Rocha's lucky day, withdrawing charge" So I end up walking out paying Zilch, zip, nada with a s*&t eating grin on my face.

My guess is that after shooting the breeze with my son and I for about 10 minutes he did not put the time in on purpose as he kept insisting I go to court.

chalk one up for the good guys. :clap:

·
Registered
740 Posts
That was lucky, and how do they expect us to drive 40km/hour, that is almost impossible...:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
giles01516 said:
That was lucky, and how do they expect us to drive 40km/hour, that is almost impossible...:lol:
Put it in third gear and let it idle?

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
May of 06 I was taking my son Dylan to the hospital to have his cast removed. As I'm driving up the road Johnny Law jumps out and pulls me over. He claims I was doing 62 in a 40 zone. That's in KM's so it would be 40 in a 25. He turned out to be a real decent LEO and despite my suggestions that he drop it down below the limit so that I wouldn't lose demerit points. All he kept saying was "Go to court"

Today at 7pm I go to night court. The Prosecuter suggests dropping it to 55 in a 40 zone so I don't lose demerit points and pay the 37.50 within 30 days. Of course I agree to it but then I notice the time of offence was at 0:00. I point this out to him and he tells me that means nothing.

My goal was to leave there without losing any points so I figure WTH, I'll take it. A while later the Prosecuter calls me up and tells the Judge that I will plead guilty to the 55 in a 40 which I agreed to. The Cour officer stands up and starts reading the new 55 in a 40 when she stops and hands the ticket and paperwork to the Judge, he looks it over and suggests the Prosecuter look it over as there is no time of offence. The Prosecuter then looks at the forms looks at me and says.. "I guess this is Mr. Rocha's lucky day, withdrawing charge" So I end up walking out paying Zilch, zip, nada with a s*&t eating grin on my face.

My guess is that after shooting the breeze with my son and I for about 10 minutes he did not put the time in on purpose as he kept insisting I go to court.

chalk one up for the good guys. :clap:
Lucky ba****d!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
IMHO, many states (attention Virginia) are using the fines as "stealth taxes." The focus is not to get people to slow down, but to generate revenue. Its not the LEOs' fault, its local and state governments.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
B-Man said:
IMHO, many states (attention Virginia) are using the fines as "stealth taxes." The focus is not to get people to slow down, but to generate revenue. Its not the LEOs' fault, its local and state governments.
I absolutely agree. And this especially applies to parking tickets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts