Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should get my bullitt by July 15th. (fingers crossed!)and plan om making it my daily driver. I am in sales and put over 50K miles a year. I will probably put more miles on my bullitt than anyone else and will let everyone know the long mile effects of the vehicle. Will keep you posted !

·
Registered
193 Posts
Drive the fenders off of it, baby!
This ride was meant to be driven. People who garage and baby it are missing the point.
I have had mine a month and I have 1300 miles on it.

I bet you cover a lot more territory with the Bullitt. Could be a good career move!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've had mine only exactly a week now, and I've already put on 1500 kms (about 900 miles)!!! CRAZINESS when I look back at that...!!!!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I'm up to 3000 today. It is really starting to feel good and powerful. I am back on 87 octane and this has worked fine. I am also running Valvoline Durablend 30 weight.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Nasty, I'm right behind you with 2,200. Picked car car up about the same time (May 10). I'd have to say this is the nicest car I've ever owned. VERY good handling. A pleasure to drive.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
mine is my daily driver too BUT i only work 4 miles from my house.
have 1200 miles in 5 weeks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Like the attitude here Buds!

Mine is my daily driver as well.

I am also driving mine through the winter with some good snow tires.

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I think you can still drive one everyday and be picky as heck about it. I am very careful. You can spot me I am the guy parked a mile from the door to the business all by my lonesome. Plus I drive a Bullitt :smile:

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-06-20 14:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
Drive mine 100 miles per day =) I have taken to driving barefoot...it's illegal but I love the feel of the pedals. haha

What do you guys use to get the damn bugs off?

·
Registered
586 Posts
To get bugs off, I use one of those meshy kitchen pot scrubbers. It's like a soft nylon net woven over a sponge. They fall apart after about 20 washings, but I'm unable to see any finish damage and they're alot easier on the paint than my shredded fingernails. I wouldn't use anything, though, for as long as possible. The paint really needs to cure a couple months. Right now, a soft sponge and steady, patient effort will get the bugs off if you don't wait too long.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the fact that so many of us are getting these cars to DRIVE. Mine gets driven everywhere. A trip to Chattanooga and Birmingham and all over the Atlanta area. Are you ready for this???

I took delivery on May 2nd with 4.3 miles on it....I have over 4100 now! Here's the GOOD news, it runs better now than it did then. Smooth shifting, hard pulling, and can get rubber in 3 gears! I can't get enough of this car.

Now I just need to find a shop in the Atlanta area that can do an Extrude Hone :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
You guys are leaving me in your dust! I just hit 960 miles,since April 27! I save it for my after work hours,to get rid of some stress.

·
Registered
15 Posts
picked mine up on 5/7 and I'm struggling to get past the break in. Just passed 1000 miles today out riding around pretending I had somewhere to go! My daily driver is a Crown Vic PI with free gas and everyone always moves out of my way. So, the Bullitt only comes out on good days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am daily driving mine. Only car I own. Once I get a house and garage, I will be on the lookout for a nice foxbody to be a project car. I plan to do minimal mods to the Bullitt and to go crazy on the fox.

·
Registered
24 Posts
crimecrusher,
I see you are in Georgetown. I am going to be at the Harley Davidson lot around 6:30. You should bring that True Blue beauty on out and shoot the breeze. (The HD lot is on the NE corner of Braker and I-35)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittMatt on 2001-06-23 08:54 ]</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts