Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I Love my bullitt, and always had big plans for it.... 5.3 liter short block kenne bell 2.8H or twin turbo etc.... but I just was thinking today that maybe I should just save and get an old foxbody and turn that into the beast. Right now the bullitt is my daily driver and that's what I love about it, I drive it everyday and I still have that same smile on my face whenever I start it up (it has 80,000 miles on it now had 65,000 when I bought it a year ago). So what do you guys think, keep the bullitt mostly stock except for exhaust and gears and get a foxbody as a second car or go with my original dream and build one bad bad insane bullitt?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If the Bullitt would still be your DD after all the work you have planned.....ouch. I would say get a 87-93 trunk car. They can be made insanely fast for typically much less $$$ than it takes to make a mod motor equally fast.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha yea quite a big dilemma, save and build one nasty 2v or fast fox

or option 3!!!! save for a long long time and gradually build both :grin:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
with the price of gas are you sure you want a high horsepower car as a daily driver?

I have a bullitt and a 88GT...both is the best...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats a very very good point, I haven't been driving lately because I've been at school so i haven't noticed the gas hikes, I forgot to factor that in, maybe a fox body is the way to go

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd mod the Bullitt, and get a beater as a daily driver. That's actually what I'm doing, heh.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
my bullitt gets better millage then my fox body

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was gonna mention that the Modular motor probably gets better mileage than the 5.0, but I wasn't 100% sure, so I let somebody else do the work, heh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.