No, you can't have my 42 oz. Bud!

Or any of the other ones! :lol:

Jimmy Ray already drank'em! :lol:

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2001-12-19 19:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2001-12-19 19:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nannaer nanner nanner :razz: :razz: :razz: ( hickup, sniffle BBBUUURRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP )

need more beer

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Did somebody say Bud???

:wink:...

Happy Holidays.

Bud

·
Registered
203 Posts
Beer...its whats for dinner. :razz:

Beer helping ugly people get layed for years. :smile:

·
Registered
173 Posts
"I spent all my money on beer, women, and cars.....the rest I just wasted."

:smile: Richard

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
BEER..."It not just for Breakfast anymore"

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did someone say Beer O'Clock

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Is there anyone on here that enjoys "good" beer?

Not to start a controversy or offend anyone's taste but Bud and the other "American" lagers are rice beers! They started off as good beers but during WWII they changed to the light rice crap they sell today. This is b/c it appealed to the women who were working in the factories and it used less real grain (barley). I think barley belongs in beer not rice!

I consider good American beer to be:

Liberty - steam
Sierra Nevada - pale
Rouge - just about all of them!
Sam Adams, to a degree

So are there any other beer "connoisseurs" out there??

·
Registered
102 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-21 12:16, llama_boy wrote:

I consider good American beer to be:

Liberty - steam
Sierra Nevada - pale
Rouge - just about all of them!
Sam Adams, to a degree

So are there any other beer "connoisseurs" out there??

I live in Fort Collins, CO home of an Anheuser-Busch plant, New Belgium, Odell's and many other micro brewerys.

Colorado is the largest beer producing state in the country.

I usually drink the local brews, but I like Newcastle Brown Ale a lot.

PS. I design beer piping at the AB plant for a contractor onsite!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Colorado does have alot of great brews, coors not being among them IMHO. My favourite was the Capstone ESB in Boulder. If I remember correctly it won gold in the world beer cup a few years back. The breckenridge brewery's Avalanche Ale is also very nice and available everywhere. The new belguim brewery? do they make the Abbey Belgian Ale? If so that is another great brew.

Don't tink I have ever tried any of the Odell brews but I have heard they have a great barley wine and porter?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2001-12-21 15:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
173 Posts
I guess I'm an old fashioned beer drinker...I'm just a Budweiser man.
:smile:
Richard

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
There is nothing wrong with drinking what you like!

My favourite beer for years was Michelob and then I got into home brewing. After a few batches of homebrew my tastes changed drastically. Then I moved to The Netherlands and my local pub spoiled me with high gravity/alcohol belgian ales! There was no going back to the rice beers after that! It's like the difference between a honda civic and a Mustang Bullitt.

Check out http://www.vlaamschereus.nl it's the web site of my favorite Dutch pub. Click on "bierkaart" (beer menu) for a list of the best Europe has to offer! Click on Het Cafe for a 360 degree look inside the best pub in Belgium, Netherlands, or Germany ( tried them all) :-B

BTW Vlaamsche Reus mean flemish giant

BTW(2) the Budweiser you see on the menu is the original Czech beer that dates to the 13th century not the Anheuser-Busch "clone". The original Bud is brewed in "Budejovicky" or in German "Budweiser"

BTW(3) Anheuser-Busch has sued the original Budweiser in the Czech Republic for copyright infringment. A legal battle between the Buds has raged for years. According to EU regulations, a locative can be registered as a trademark only by a manufacturer residing at that place. Thus, according to EU regulations, the Czech beer is the legal bearer of the trademark "Budweiser", or "Budejovicky." But that's not the only claim.

According to the German "Reinheitsgebot" (Beer Purity Regulations), the Annheuser-Busch Budweiser cannot be considered as beer because rice is used in the production process. According to the Beer Purity Regulations, beer can only be brewed from [barley] malt, hops and beer. (Wheat beers are called "weizens" in German.)

And thats WAY TOO MUCH information about beer.. sorry for the long post, but as my profile will tell you beer is one of my three passions!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Anyone who is a REAL blue collar, pizza eatin', burpin', beerbelly guy, knows Miller is the best. You know...Rusty Wallace? Frosted glass of Miller when it's hot outside, and the horseshoes are landing flat is about as American as it gets. O.K. all you other brand people. Hammer me, I can take it! By the way, Miller lite or Genuine draft, is what I'm talking about specifically. All you rookies, save years of puking and headaches, and get the best right now!!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Weeeeellll, I gotta say...

Fat Tire! Went to the Brewery in an overnite in CO. They gave me free Beer! I respect that! Of course most breweries when you visit them they give you free beer, but I just had the time of my life drinking until I got kinda wasted there.

I say, then again this is my opinion ONLY! but the best beer is when you're having a Ball! or is it the other way?

Aahh...thank you...aahh...thankyouverymuch!

Got Beer?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bok bok bok Miller Lite!!! :razz: Or some good old German or Irish Beer always hits the spot.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lots of info on Budweiser I wasnt aware of, but that's what I'm used to. I really prefer Bud, but have had many others, but I DO NOT like the hot or warm served beers. And yes, I AM a Rusty fan more than an E Jr fan..

:smile: Richard

1 - 20 of 20 Posts