Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a search on a Brenspeed tune in the dyno shop area, I didn't find what I was looking for. I am sure that the quistion was asked before. Sorry I am going to ask it again .
Has anyone done a before and after dyno with a Brenspeed custom tune.
I am expecting @ 278rwhp untuned and @285rwhp Brenspeed tuned.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Blackpony, I was wondering the same thing. You are thinking it is only 7hp? I was kind of hoping for a bit more from the tune. Should be getting mine today via ups. Most people say that judging from the "butt dyno" it feels like alot more than just 7hp.

·
Registered
302 Posts
BlackPony said:
I just did a search on a Brenspeed tune in the dyno shop area, I didn't find what I was looking for. I am sure that the quistion was asked before. Sorry I am going to ask it again .

The numbers suggest a 10 HP boost, does that follow through for the 2008's? (315 -> 325)

·
Registered
302 Posts
actually it looks like you both are 08/09 bullits, where did the 278 HP number come from?

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MonsterKing said:
actually it looks like you both are 08/09 bullits, where did the 278 HP number come from?
278 rwhp came from me, I am just guessing.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
315 motor hp less 12% = 276 rwhp give or take a buck. At least I believe thats the way it is figured.

·
Registered
302 Posts
first ford said:
315 motor hp less 12% = 276 rwhp give or take a buck. At least I believe thats the way it is figured.
roger that.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've seen other tuners claim 17rwhp on a canned tune for a GT. That would seem high enough to me to be something you can "feel". I would love to see some stock RWHP numbers on these cars though.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just installed my 92 Branspeed tune.WOW WOW
I didn't know I had throttle lag, now I Know.
It would be hard to go back to the stock tune !

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Black pony just installed mine today as well I think the 91 tune feels like it "pulls better then the 93 tune have to do a little more driving with both. But you are right on target gonna be hard to go back to a stock tune.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BlackPony said:
I just installed my 92 Branspeed tune.WOW WOW
I didn't know I had throttle lag, now I Know.
It would be hard to go back to the stock tune !
Well,

I certainly would not be the one to say I Told You S . :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Glad You like it ........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
first ford said:
Black pony just installed mine today as well I think the 91 tune feels like it "pulls better then the 93 tune have to do a little more driving with both. But you are right on target gonna be hard to go back to a stock tune.
Nice Rick,

Glad You Guys are Hooked-Up !!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sounds nice for sure. Looks like my wallet will be taking a hit real soon. I have a real need for one now but I think guy's who want to do small tweaks to their canned tune (season changes) or testing need a good A/F wide-band gauge like the Innovate X-16
maybe in one of those neat air-vents (Steeda). Sure helps see where you are at A/F wise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BlackPony said:
BlackPony, I don't know if this will help but I did a baseline dyno and my numbers were 276rwhp and 283rwtq. After I installed the Steeda CMDP and tune I ran another dyno and those number are 298rwhp and 316whtq. Also at the track I ran 13.69 @ 105 stock, and 13.41 @ 108 with CMDP and tune. My driving is not that great, I should be able to get the car in the 12s range with more practice.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Well,

I certainly would not be the one to say I Told You S . :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Glad You like it ........

tigerhonaker
Tiger,
Thank you for your input!
I have a bad experiences with my 07 Stang "$1000" in dyno time. And I rounded up buy a diablo tuner when I already had a SCT2 tuner. Spent a lot of gas $ and lot's of my time.
I was gun shy, for sure!
I love my tune, If I am not careful the tires will spin. Now that is a GREAT problem! Some people will spend a lot of money to try to get that point.
:
Next month I will be putting my Bullitt on the dyno to make sure that my A/f ratio is good. The local club I belong to is having a dyno day, 3 pulls for $50, not a bad deal.
I am not looking forward to that day. The guys in my club love to brag about there 500 to 650 hp. I will be just a little guy :(

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chub46 said:
BlackPony, I don't know if this will help but I did a baseline dyno and my numbers were 276rwhp and 283rwtq. After I installed the Steeda CMDP and tune I ran another dyno and those number are 298rwhp and 316whtq. Also at the track I ran 13.69 @ 105 stock, and 13.41 @ 108 with CMDP and tune. My driving is not that great, I should be able to get the car in the 12s range with more practice.
I'm hoping to install a set of Steeda CMDP and Ford Racing Hot Rod cams for next years mod's. I've spent enough this year :(

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
first ford said:
Just curious...
Is there only a 12% loss thru the 08/09 driveline?
I thought it was pretty common to figure more like 15% in a manual trans car. Educate me so I am more informed.
THANKS!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
12% is supposed to be closer for our cars on a dynojet.

However on mustang dyno, 15-18% is more accurate.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have always heard a rule of thumb is 20% automatic and 15% Manuals.
Now that doesn't include when you use a UDP or a Aluminum driveshaft, which increase your driveline efficiencies.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BlackPony said:
Tiger,
Thank you for your input!
I have a bad experiences with my 07 Stang "$1000" in dyno time. And I rounded up buy a diablo tuner when I already had a SCT2 tuner. Spent a lot of gas $ and lot's of my time.
I was gun shy, for sure!
I love my tune, If I am not careful the tires will spin. Now that is a GREAT problem! Some people will spend a lot of money to try to get that point.
:
Next month I will be putting my Bullitt on the dyno to make sure that my A/f ratio is good. The local club I belong to is having a dyno day, 3 pulls for $50, not a bad deal.
I am not looking forward to that day. The guys in my club love to brag about there 500 to 650 hp. I will be just a little guy :(
BlackPony<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1937484", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "BlackPony"

Seriously, I Completely understand where You were coming from after reading your Post here.

I just wore out a Buddy of Mine that has had many Tuners and Hot Cars with them. I just

kept reading and talking to him and then one day just decided to call and I talked to

Brent (Owner) of BRENSPEED and was then Convinced it was the (Right-Move).

That is why I will Recommend to Members here on IMBOC the BRENSPEED Tune as I feel

comfortable with it and the (Support) from BRENSPEED.

I'm glad it has worked the way it should for You on your Bullitt this time.

If you think it easy to Spin the Tires with the Tune, add FRPP 4:10 Gears and You will then

just go WOW !!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

1 - 20 of 34 Posts