Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the decal showing how the serpentine belt goes on,is missing on my Bullitt. There is a blank square on the radiator cover,where it should be. Anyone else see this? I also saw this on a new Cobra.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yep, I just ran outside to look.
Add this to the list of little things annoying me about this car.
I've gotten to the point where I feel bad about calling the dealer anymore.
Oh well
Aaron

·
Registered
586 Posts
Very observant, mus408. Maybe we could all download an image and keep it in our gloveboxes. I thought the engine bay was pretty clean!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I didn't really take notice what that empty square recess was for till you said something. Thats what goes there :eek: .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine is missing also. I think thats only with the Bullitt's unless someone has theirs?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
My 2001 GT Convertible did not have it either. I traded it for the Bullitt and my Bullitt has no sticker in the same place.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I thought there had to be something that went there. Mine's missing too. So many of us don't have them, are we sure it's supposed to be there? Could Ford be that screwed up?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine's missing and I checked some of the other Mustangs on the lot and guess what....They're missing the decal too. The V6 Mustangs have it, but not the GTs. I guess Ford just ran out of them. That's the way it goes, ship 'em and let the dealers work it out!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I heard that the recessed spot was to add some kind of label (probably the belt route or something) but in order to cost reduce they did away with the label. Makes a lot of sense. Spend money to have the recess added and then get rid of the label.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh yea hell that little less weight shaved a whole second off the quarter! Hell i think ill rip all the decals off should hit the low elevens at least:) Thanx Havgun! #1676

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I have it, it is a sticker that says something about the 3.6 liter engine. I dont know where you guys are talking about, but I have a extra sticker on my engine. It is next to the place where the prop rod goes.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I got a e-mail from this guy asking me, why his bullitt had a V6 sticker in the location you all are talking about, I checked 1007 and it just had a empty spot. At the time I figured that the goobs on the arseembly line put the wrong sticker on his car. So in my mind that spot is for the 3.8 V6 and our 4.6's don't need it. But it would be nice to know the routing of the belt.

·
Registered
106 Posts
DHG#03703 IS MISSING IT'S SERPENTINE BELT STICKER TOO. I was wondering what that recess was for until I read this thread. Every time I read this board I find more things wrong with our car. I want to be informed; however it sure is pi$$ing me off finding all these items wrong or missing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts