Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you sure it is the belt? A throwout bearing that is going bad makes a chirping noise. I know cuz i have one. See if the noise goes away with the cluch disengaged. Here's my solution: drive the **it out of it. and burn the clutch up. the dealership will foot the bill for the labor of replacing the throwout bearing, so all i will have to pay for is a portion of the new upgraded clutch. One of the best friends you can have is a Ford service writer.!!!

gary

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well, I raced a 2001 GT last weekend and his belt chirped to when jumping into 3rd gear (does this happen with you?)

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you'll notice, the water pump pully does not have a lip. I recall from an earlier thread that the chirping noise could be coming from this belt slipping on this pully under hard use.

·
Registered
311 Posts
All 4.6 litre mustang engines make the belt noise. I traded in my 2001 gt for the Bullitt and it made the noise as well. I can hear it on the bullitt as well but it only happens under wide open throttle. I kind of like the noise.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it only chirps/screeches when i hammer it from 2nd to 3rd, i guess i'll live with it, but she still looks good.....don't sweat the small stuff, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the belt is the one making the noise you might try putting baby powder on the belt. This solution was suggested by the Mcree Ford dealership - noise went away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts