Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Leon Russell and Jackson Browne together (60s).
Richie Havens at the Avalon Ballroom (60s).
The Monterey Pop Festival (60s).
Jefferson Airplane at the Fillmore (60s).
Bob Dylan and The Band (60s).
The Grateful Dead at the Fillmore (60s).
The Rolling Stones at the Hollywood Bowl (60s).
The Byrds at the Avalon (60).
Joan Baez and Bob dylan at the Hollywood Bowl (60s).
Miles Davis at the Hollwood Bowl (70s).
and on and on.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
1. Van Halen, 1984 Tour, Atlanta, GA
2. Rush, Signals Tour, Atlanta, GA
3. Bad Company, Dangerous Age Tour, San Diego, CA
4. The Cult, Sonic Temple Tour, San Diego, CA
5. Ramones, (concert at our University), Atlanta, GA
6. Cheap Trick (concert at our University), Atlanta, GA
7. Men Without Hats, (concert at our University), Atlanta, GA

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
Leon Russell and Jackson Browne together (60s).
Richie Havens at the Avalon Ballroom (60s).
The Monterey Pop Festival (60s).
Jefferson Airplane at the Fillmore (60s).
Bob Dylan and The Band (60s).
The Grateful Dead at the Fillmore (60s).
The Rolling Stones at the Hollywood Bowl (60s).
The Byrds at the Avalon (60).
Joan Baez and Bob dylan at the Hollywood Bowl (60s).
Miles Davis at the Hollwood Bowl (70s).
and on and on.

Doc-Are you sure you should still be driving after all the "second hand smoke" you must have inhaled at all those concerts in the 60's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heck-it's a miracle you're still alive!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Hard to say. Overall, probably the Pearl Jam private show at House of Blues Orlando about five years ago. No more that a couple thousand people and they played for nearly three hours, a set list of 28 songs.

Foo Fighters at the same place in 2001 would be near the top as well. I knew nothing about the event. Me and a buddy went and bought tickets from a scalper the night of the show.

Most unexpected good concert...Our Lady Peace.

Most memorable road trip to a concert...Rolling Rock Town Fair 2.0. Over a thousand miles each way, got 1/2 hour of sleep in the car, no food, we stunk, got sick driving the mountain roads when leaving from not eating and being in the sun all day. Wouldn't have missed it :D

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
In order from the top to the bottom

Paul McCartney
Springsteen
Fleetwood Mac
ZZ Top - Extremely cool!!!
Jet - These guys are damn impressive if they don't kill themselves they are going to do well - My ears rang for three days after this concert, I think they may have even bled!
Santanna
Lyle Lovette - Just cool!
Roger Waters - Too political! Just shut up and sing the music which we all paid good money to hear.
Jackson Brown
John Mellencamp
Wynton Marsalis
Sting - Sting was not good that night

More beyond this but nothing as good and none of these were even close to Docs list but I was born a decade or two too late for those.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Less than Jake with Anti Flag (late 90's)

oh yah, New Found Glory was there as well :confused:
they where the first band on

·
Registered
423 Posts
Chili Fest in Snook, Texas with Pat Green and Willie Nelson

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Doc-Are you sure you should still be driving after all the "second hand smoke" you must have inhaled at all those concerts in the 60's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heck-it's a miracle you're still alive!!!!
His eyes in his pic do look a little glazed. :D Don't ask if it was first hand or second hand. The '60's were some crazy times. I was younger than 10 but had two older sisters.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
His eyes in his pic do look a little glazed. :D Don't ask if it was first hand or second hand. The '60's were some crazy times. I was younger than 10 but had two older sisters.

Me too-One sister was classic cheerleader type, the other was "flower power". They were your living breathing 60's cliches. I was born in 62 so I got to see the 60's but was too young to partake.. Pretty crazy decade, lots of crazy stuff going on.....:cool:

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Me too-One sister was classic cheerleader type, the other was "flower power". They were your living breathing 60's cliches. I was born in 62 so I got to see the 60's but was too young to partake.. Pretty crazy decade, lots of crazy stuff going on.....:cool:
Yep. Both of my older sisters (58 and 56 now) were part of the "flower power" gig. I was born in 1964 so I got to see the 60's on color TV.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Metallica w/ Suicidal Tendencies,and Danzig (live **** tour)
Tool
Finger Eleven,plus when they were the Rainbow Butt Monkeys
Big Wreck
Biff Naked

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I worked on the stage barricade and floor in security for Pace Concerts on and off in the 70(s). This is an easy question to answer ...

*Rolling Stones (Some Girls Tour) - Sam Houston Colisseum in Houston, Texas 1978 (worked the barricade in the center). This was my best concert of all.

*Rolling Stones with ZZ Top - Houston Astrodome 1981

*Golden Earring at The Flint, in Amersfoort, the Netherlands (I think it was late 1985)

The rest were good (not necessarily in order ... this is simply how my brain works now ... ROFL):

Foghat and BTO at the Sam Houston Colisseum in Houston, Texas (I think it was 1978 or 1979). This was a real good show too.

Boston at the Sam Houston Colisseum in Houston, Texas (1978 or 1979)

Aerosmith (Rocks Tour) - Sam Houston Colisseum, Houston, Texas Summer of 1976

Sunday Break I - Peter Frampton, Gary Wright, Santana, and other various artists & Wolfman Jack; Austin, Texas 1975 (or 1976 ... I simply can't remember for some strange reason ... ???).

Foreigner, U2, Saga, and others; "Rock Am Ring" 2-day Outdoor Concert at the Neurenburg Race Track, Neurenburg, West Germany 1985. This was in the spring and almost every nation in the free world was represented there in one way or another and I think 50% of the women were topless - YES THERE WERE SOME BABES THERE ~ !!! :drool2: :clap: :bigguns:

Def Leppard, Scorpions, Ozzy Osborn - 1984 (or was it 1985); the Westfallenhalle in Dortmund, West Germany. This was a neat show because they used 2 stages; when one band was done on one stage the next band came on the other stage. The music never really stopped.

Styx, Frank Marino with Mahogany Rush at the Music Hall, Houston, Texas (1976 or 1977)

Angel, the GODZ, Judas Priest at the Music Hall, Houston, Texas (1976 or 1977)

Modern English in some cold small tiny ancient dank building in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (1982) - real good concert.

Ted Nugent and Judas Priest at the RAI, in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (I think it was 1984 or 1985).

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Southern Accents Euro Tour); Utrecht, the Netherlands (1982 or 1983) another real good show.

Montrose and Yes at the Hoffheinz Pavillion in Houston, Texas - 1976 - First time I saw a laser show.

Sorry, but somehow my memory fades with regards to the rest of them. :-D

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
There are a few for me as well. since one year i went to a total of 38 concerts. :D

- I always enjoyed my fathers concerts

- Breaking benjamin, 3 days grace(back from there first album), Seether and Evenescence (this was one concert)

- Real Rock 101.1 Earthday Birthday. I go every year and Its like 8 to 10 bands for 25 bucks.

- Depeche Mode w/Stabbing Westward (my fav band)

Others include:

G3 concert tour featuring John Petrucci Steve Vai and Joe Satriani

Jeff Beck

Johnny Lang

1 - 20 of 49 Posts