Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at differential covers and just wondering if one is better than the other. Ford Racing has one that appears to have a fill and drain plug and says it will improve pinion life because it supports the end caps. Are all of these covers functional, or are some just for looks. I am wanting something that is functional not just for looks.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I wanted to see if i could get one with raise brushed steel or aluminum letters that say BULLITT.

Oh and for your question....I have no clue. :D

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i would go with the ford racing one. their gears seem to be the best, and from my experience ford racing parts fit better than any aftermarket company.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I don't think there is much difference. Some likely have a litte more clearance between it and the spare tire well, because it is not uncommon to see them do a little "body work." Whatever you get, make sure you seal anything that looks like it might leak. My FRPP leaks where the carrier preload screws pass through the cover and a little around the drain. When I dump the fluid, I'll toss the gasket and use RTV there and a dab on the threads of these other suspects.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a TA cover on my Bullitt. Totally functional. No fitment problems at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Lowest to highest would be the MAC which I had on the B fits well just not as "pritty" as the FRPP or TA.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info guys. I didn't know there were that many to choose from. Do you have any sites where I can look at prices? I've looked at Jeg's and only found the Ford Racing one.

·
Registered
656 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts