Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering the best Engine Oil brand you would put on your 2019 or 2020 Bullitt. Ready to do an oil change here pretty soon! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic. I have used it in all my vehicles and race cars. Never had an engine failure. It goes on sale frequently, buy a few jugs. And always use a good quality filter, Motorcraft, Mobil 1, Wix gold etc. I like the Ford Performance filters, not cheap but they have a good bypass valve and lots of filter medium.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not a fan of Mobil One. Share sentiment that Motorcraft is one of the best filters due to the relief valve. Also consider Amsoil, Pennzoil ultra platinum, and Quaker State, all synthetics. Recommend against synthetic blends.

BTW- this general topic is guaranteed to throw gas on a raging fire every time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you want to review motor oil performance there are many sites. Consider Rat 480 blog.

Now you should only use an SP oil

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
The only time I had an engine failure was when I had a Castrol sponsorship and I ventilated a small block Chevy Trans Am engine with a connecting rod that broke at both ends, then travelled throughout the engine.
Maybe it wasn't an oil issue but it sure made a mess.

·
Car Whisperer
21,049 Posts
Mobil 1 here or Valvoline. I wouldn't put quaker state in my lawnmower.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Mobil 1 fan here...personal choice, really.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have used Motorcraft oil since 1974. Never had an oil related issue in any of my vehicles.
Back then, their marketing slogan was “The Motor Oil from The Motor Company”!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts