Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got some money:tongue: to work on the bullitt.. whats the best shifter?:confused:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
When I had a Bullitt I installed the tri-ax and liked it a bunch, with the Cobra I installed MGW and liked it a bunch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that what you put in your car or no

·
Registered
565 Posts
I installed the MGW and from what I can tell, my experience has been slightly worse than what most others have had. I still am glad I did the install, but I got slightly less than what I had hoped for.

This thread has my initial assessment after installing the MGW (it's probably the most negative thread about the MGW shifter)....
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1814518#post1814518

·
Registered
421 Posts
My girlfriend has an MGW in her terminator cobra and I have a Tri-Ax in mine. No offense to MGW, but I prefer the Steeda. Make sure you go in and lock tight the perfect shift points so the shifter doesn't vibrate the adjuster screws loose and stop you from putting it in gear. A buddy of mine has an older mustang and swears the Hurst is the way to go.. Just keep researching..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Still got the stock piece in the Bullitt, but had a MGW in my old notchback. Loved it!

Loaded said:
Make sure you go in and lock tight the perfect shift points so the shifter doesn't vibrate the adjuster screws loose and stop you from putting it in gear.
Actually, our 3650 trans has internal shift stops. Most folks remove the adjustor screws altogether as to not interfere with the internals in the trans.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just installed the MGW and competed in the first autoslalom of the season, I love the shifter! Very tight, very quick.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks man just ordered one and 4:10 :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.