Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my best time yesterday at Silver Dollar Raceway in middle Georgia. 12.11 @ 117.58. 60 Ft was 1.840 and 1/8 was 7.867. Inasmuch as I have had a couple of 1.65 60 foots before, believe should get in 11's. OAT was about 70 degrees F. Track appeared to be a little slippery, but I am no expert. Was playing with air pressure and running about once an hour.

Previous best was 12.59 @ 116+. I previously had shifting problems, which was diagnosed as clutch related (plus pilot bearing). New clutch appears to have solved shifting problem, except for lack of skill.

Still, me happy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSC said:
Good job! Thats a big improvement. Do you have cage yet?
No, I only run 2 - 3 times a year when I head out with club members for test & tune. Yesterday was only time this year at strip. I ran M/T ET street radials (275 X 17's). I started out at 18 PSI and had a 1.85 60-foot to start, then a 1.98 on second run. I dropped pressure to 14, and had back-to-back 2.15 - 2.20's, and only ran in 13's. So I raised pressure back to 17 PSI for my best run.

A co-conspirator had an '06 GT with same type of tires, and he experienced the same thing. When he dropped his tire pressure, his times were slower. When he went back up, his times came back down. Coincidence?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts