Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get some new tires for 2 of my rear wheels, what kind do u use and where did u get it from, also whats the regular/default size for them; rear ones!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I like the Bridgestone Potenza RE-1 tires for extreme summer driving. A soft tire compound, Tread Wear Rating 140, they give excellent traction,OK in light rain,and best of all,very quiet,as far as road noise. Much better than any BFG tire.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I have the Goodyear GSD3 tires and like them

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Another vote for Bridgestone Potenzas. I just put on a set of S-03 Pole Positions on the rear and I am loving them so far!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm very happy with my Kumho Ecsta MX's.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I saw a Bullitt at the MCA 30th at the Barber Motor Sports complex run with Khumo's all around. It was amazing how well it went in and out of the corners. I thought that it was the best car on the track except for the race cars!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I can't vouch for the Performance end of the Kumho's as most of my driving is just highway, but I can't believe how quiet my car runs with the Kumho's. They're "ECSTA asx", "z" rated, affordable from Discount tires, 275/40/17's, and QUIET...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Nitto 555 in 255/40/17
I seriously cannot say ENOUGH good things about these. Really sticky, hold up well (got 40k miles from them), drove them hard, and I run with the best of them in autocross. In fact, last time out I beat all RX8s and was running right in the middle of the Miatas

plus they just look sexy as hell

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
275/40/17 BFG g-Force T/A KDW's up front and g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2's out back. I don't feel that they are noisy. LOVE these tires for the street. Just put the DR's on a couple days ago...oh yea, I love 'em!

·
Registered
258 Posts
for street tires i'd say kumho mx's. great tire. tire du jour of a lot of auto-x street tire classes, but still a great everyday tire. inexpensive, sticky, consistent, likes heat but works well in the wet, and great looking.

great bang for the buck.

bridgestone re-01r, falken azenis rt-615, and yokohama neova advan are all on par with the mx, but pricier. mx comes in wider sizes though than the bridgestone and the yokohama. falken can be scary in the rain.

nitto, bfg, and goodyear are all pretty far behind right now in terms of technology.

federal has a new tire that's been rated very highly. hankook also has a great performance tire if you stay within the stock size.

just depends what you're looking for. these tires lean towards handling rather than drag racing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes i need them for handling, and thx a bunch, ill go look for them, and i will post pics with my new look lol..

ill prolly go with kumho now since i see lot of u think they look and handle good..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nittos for me also!!! I am going to get rear ones real soon.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Goodrich G-Force KD (not KDW, not KDWS) for dry road performance. They are quiet and they STICK much better than the stock Goodyears. I have four of the BFGs, stock size.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went with Falken ST115 for street, Very good dry and wetgrip and very very quiet.
$103 each from Discount Tire.

For Track Nitto NT01R

·
Registered
740 Posts
BF Goodrich g-force KD has my vote, there are so many good tires out there, it all depends on what kind of driving(racing) you are going to do.....

Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts