Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met Kerry up there last night and I had a spot saved for him (by sitting my butt in a lawn chair.) Anyway, the way the place is set up is: Close to the entrance of the establishment are the true classics, rods, and muscle cars. Then it spreads out to 'vettes, Vipers, and other and a mix of sleds and such. Usually where we park are the Mustangs and F-bodies. Last night, ricers had taken up a few of the rows closer to the front. Neon and strobe lights galore! :roll: People would just pull in willy nilly and park and walk off! By the time Kerry got there, I still had the spot for him, but he couldn't pull into it! I may just be getting old, but seeing baggy pants thugletts with there hats on askew and cell phones to their heads, just bugs me!

If I had money, I would love to find about 5 acres close to town and set it up with a park like atmosphere. Plenty of places to park with barbeque pits and trees everywhere. I would do my best (somehow) to keep like cars together, or just make it so that if you have a V-8 (or V-10) you go to one part of the park and if you have anything less, you would go to "Ricer Row." Of course, certain exceptions would be made. I'd have some sort of 3 strike policy as well. I'm sure to do it right, I'd have to consult a lawyer.

Okay vent over. I'm just getting totally disillusioned about the state of cardom these days. :grin:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
BUMMER

Why don't we just eliminate RICERDOM altogether ... ??? :frown:

I still can't think of what purpose(s) they serve. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I was going to head out there, but got caught up doing stuff around my new place. I was told there was a great turnout of Mustangs..but no one mentioned the ricers.

I'm with you, Dave. Every good, large meet is slowly being taken over by either ricers or "swangaz". Fudd's gets drowned in those fools by 9pm. There's even a meet of nice cars at the AMC on Huebner & i10. From what I was told, the swangaz are starting to over-run that one, too. Someone even pulled a gun because of a little BS betweeen 2 people.

Remember Blanco's? THAT was a good meet. It was great when the SA F-Body guys rolled in, too. We need to get something like that going again.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graves said:
I was going to head out there, but got caught up doing stuff around my new place. I was told there was a great turnout of Mustangs..but no one mentioned the ricers.

I'm with you, Dave. Every good, large meet is slowly being taken over by either ricers or "swangaz". Fudd's gets drowned in those fools by 9pm. There's even a meet of nice cars at the AMC on Huebner & i10. From what I was told, the swangaz are starting to over-run that one, too. Someone even pulled a gun because of a little BS betweeen 2 people.

Remember Blanco's? THAT was a good meet. It was great when the SA F-Body guys rolled in, too. We need to get something like that going again.
The parking lot is still there. It would be great to have it there again. I don't know if you ever went before Blanco's took over. It was Harper's then. That whole parking lot up to the strip center would fill up. Never any issues that I was aware of. Somebody just needs to organize something. I know Mike with UnitedStangs wanted to, but I don't know what ever happened to that. I'll mention it to him again and see what he says. If we had 25 Mustangs show up, word would get out. Glenn (TXBLUOVAL) could come do security. :wink:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nope. Never went before the name change.

Right now, I'm trying to put together a cruise for either Sept 13 or 14. (sat or sun, depending on votes)

I have a post about it on LSS. I'm trying to get as many people to go as possible, so this is your official invite. lol Of course, any of the local Bullitt guys are invited too...even that silly yellow Mach 1 we like so much. :lol:

The plan is that whoever wants to go, we'll meet up at say...Biff's, then cruise a nice, scenic route to a spot at Canyon Lake. I believe it's called Mystic Shores Park. Jeff's (the owner of LSS) parents own property out there, and he said it's a great spot for a g2g, so that's where I opted to go.

Spread the word! I have a poll setup to decide on a day.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Good Choice

The 16th. is my birthday. Might try to head out to Yall on that weekend if I'm around. I'll keep an eye on the posts and see what Yall decide.:smile:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
triple-s5125 said:
hey got three other bullits who would cruise and some other mustangs if don't mind.Im from the triple-s car club are cruise's have 10 to 15 cars.Just give a date or some info
Just keep checking this thread and the other one Graves posted. He's the ringmaster (or ringleader :grin:) for the event.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barricade said:
are there any decent san antonio meets left .
I think we will finish the year out at Biff's. It's tolerable for now. Next year we may move to Austin Hwy., across the street from Earl Abels. There is going to be a new Saturday evening gathering at a place on Schertz Parkway, off of 35 north. I can't remember the name. When I get home tonight, I'll post the flyer.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Barricade said:
all that is to damn far for me even Biffs im at 1604 and potranco
Jeff (Mach2) lives out at Braun and Bandera and makes it to Biff's every Friday.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Barricade said:
im a high school football coach .....we play friday nights when im done its tooo far
Go to Fuddruckers on 410 and Culebra on Saturday nights. A little too much for me, as I'm an old fart. :wink: It gets a bit ricey at times. I went once and that was enough.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Sorry to -BUT IN- on your TEXAS thread, but I went to a Fuddruckers here in Nor Cal. They do a show/cruise-in only once a month. Only older cars there, but no rice. Most of the cruise-in places her are for pre 74' stuff. I don't take the BULLITT, I did once and had to park outside the ropes. I guess I'll have to join a local MUSTANG club or something, but I like to go to informal events and just hang out, just don't know where to go yet. Cool that you guys get together somewhere!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ron,

Fads in California tend to run their course before they do here, unfortunately. That's why rice is really really big here. You can't go anywhere car related here without some obnoxious 4 cylinder powered, winged turds being in attendance. Did I mention I hate rice mobiles? :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
biff's alright it has it's good and bad days. Fudd's cool we know the manager so he save spots for us.There it's kind of split muscle in the front rice in the middle and swangers in th back.It's cool to see other cars and the stuff they have.the trick is not to go every weekend so it does'nt get boring.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BigBullitt said:
Ron,

Fads in California tend to run their course before they do here, unfortunately. That's why rice is really really big here. You can't go anywhere car related here without some obnoxious 4 cylinder powered, winged turds being in attendance. Did I mention I hate rice mobiles? :lol:
+1, But At times we have to deal with "RAT RODS"!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can deal with rat rods as they are a fairly new genre here, but like I mentioned before, you probably have had them for several years now. Those at least harken back to the day we were kids and the young hot rodders couldn't really afford to finish their cars. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.