Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way home tonight from work, when I missed my exit, but the 101 North was all me, so I decided to go over the lines onto the off ramp to the 280 North and hit a pothole going maybe 70 MPH.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=&daddr=&mra=pr&ie=UTF8&ll=37.331254,-121.843338&spn=0.000769,0.001247&t=h&z=20&om=0

It was somewhere along there, but before the dirt for sure because I didn't pass by any sign. Stupid? Yes. Will I ever do it again regardless if I'm tired and just wanna go home, or I just won the lotto and I have a deadline to pick up my million dollars and I'm about to be late? No. So, my question to you is, what's the worst that could of happened, and how can I check if anything did?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Usually if you did any damage it would be to the tire and rim. You may have did something to the rocker molding or the molded front mudflap. How did the car run after the pothole. was there any shimmy or shaking in the front, did it feel weird after appling the brakes. you may have just knocked out the front end alignment. I would definatle get that checked a realigned. and while they have it in the air see if you can look at her. Also check your fluids first to make sure you didnt damage the Radiator or oil pan. good luck and let us know
Ed

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yeah,usually the rim,and tire take the beating,which sometimes you can damage the belt in the tire,or warp the rim,plus the alignment usually goes out of spec aswell.But if all seems well,i would just have the alignment checked to make sure it's still okey.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car still drives fine, but I'm just really paranoid, but I guess that's just me. I think that since I was going so fast, I pretty much went over the pothole (but obviously still hit a little bit,) versus my tires actually going all the way in, then out. When I apply pressure to the front left, front right, rear left, and rear right of the car to see if I might of messed up my suspension, the car is hard to rock, so I'm guessing that's fine.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
That's good.To check to see if your alignment is still good,find yourself a straight flat road,and apply the brakes and hold on to the steering wheel lightly and see if the Bullitt stays straight or pulls to the left or right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts