Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT's time for new tires and I have settled on Kumho Ecsta SPT's. The question is this...should I go for the 275/40 or the 245/45 with 30mm eibach spacers? Will either combo work...any risk of rubbing..any advantages to either one or the other?

·
Registered
231 Posts
id go w. 275's. my gfs got that set up on her stang and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops....forgot to mention I'm using stock 17" rims.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not only will either combo work, but both will as well. I have the 275/40 Kumhos on the rear, with the 30 mm spacers, and it looks real good. Only complaint is the extra amount of debris that gets slung up on the rear fenders. But it sure gives the car a mean "haunch" to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i found this out the hard way when a buddy told me that wheel spacers actually slow u down i thought it was a joke until i raced him with them on and lost. the next weekend i had taken them off and we went at it again and this time i came up on top so my suggestion is just put wider rims or just wider tires no wheel spacers!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Jeff Laughhunn said:
Not only will either combo work, but both will as well. I have the 275/40 Kumhos on the rear, with the 30 mm spacers, and it looks real good. Only complaint is the extra amount of debris that gets slung up on the rear fenders. But it sure gives the car a mean "haunch" to it.
^ does the car on the right have really faded paint or is it just the way the light hits the car in the pic??

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's all about the wax. I could do a Meguiar's commercial with that picture. The previous owner of my car used Zaino, and while it looked good, wasn't to my liking for that color. (made it shiney, but no depth). Meg's products do a good job of deepening/darkening some colors, and DHG is certainly one of them. While my son's Bullitt is faster than mine, mine will always be cleaner. Hence the titles "Go-Pony" and "Show-Pony" we've given the Bullitts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wheel Spacers

agray56 said:
IT's time for new tires and I have settled on Kumho Ecsta SPT's. The question is this...should I go for the 275/40 or the 245/45 with 30mm eibach spacers? Will either combo work...any risk of rubbing..any advantages to either one or the other?
I have an 01 GT that I bought before the Bullitt,it's pretty much stock but I lowered it about 1.75 inches.The stock tires looked a little lame tucked so far into the wheel wells.Just for the hell of it I bought a set of 1 inch spacers and I could not believe the improvement in looks.275's would probably look better yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
275's and 25mm spacers on mine, love it, but i was thinking I might go back to the tucked look. sportlines here too.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Just bought some American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels. Got 17x8's for front and 17x9's for rear. I'll keep my BFG 245/45/17's on the front and got some 275/40/17's for the rear. Just waiting to get everything so that I can get them put on the car. Should have everything by early next week. Can't wait...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Jeff Laughhunn said:
It's all about the wax. I could do a Meguiar's commercial with that picture. The previous owner of my car used Zaino, and while it looked good, wasn't to my liking for that color. (made it shiney, but no depth). Meg's products do a good job of deepening/darkening some colors, and DHG is certainly one of them. While my son's Bullitt is faster than mine, mine will always be cleaner. Hence the titles "Go-Pony" and "Show-Pony" we've given the Bullitts.
So your car is the shiny one right? looks really good, meg's Stuff is #1 in my book.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Mike!
I really like the way your wheels look on your car. Did you go to 18" wheels or lower the car? I have the 17" wheels on mine and it looks like I'm going stump jumpin! I've been thinking about lowering my bullitt or maybe going to a larger wheel. Not sure which route would be the best. I don't want to be dragging the underside of car on everything. What's your opinion? Or anybody's opinion. I will soon need tires also. But I drive my bullitt everyday around 60 miles total to and from work. So I think I need to be able to rotate them.

Larry

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Bullitt53 said:
Hey Mike!
I really like the way your wheels look on your car. Did you go to 18" wheels or lower the car? I have the 17" wheels on mine and it looks like I'm going stump jumpin! I've been thinking about lowering my bullitt or maybe going to a larger wheel. Not sure which route would be the best. I don't want to be dragging the underside of car on everything. What's your opinion? Or anybody's opinion. I will soon need tires also. But I drive my bullitt everyday around 60 miles total to and from work. So I think I need to be able to rotate them.

Larry

Hi larry, Yes i went with the 18s and the car is 3/4 inch lower than stock. If you do use your B for dd then you should be able to rotate the tires. Before i got the 18s i put 275/40-17s on the back with 1 inch spacers and the difference was great, like they should have come from the factory that way.Good luck and keep me informed as to what you do.

Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would run 275s with the spacers, the spacers will not slow you down (I don't see how they could) and will look much better than the watermelon on a sketeboard look our cars come with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts