Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

As the subject states, I'll be ordering Bilsteins this week and have seen both sets. What is better for our application? As an FYI, I have H&R SS springs, Maximum Motorsports LCA's and FRPP uppers, MM caster camber plates, etc. I don't want to spend the $ on the MM custom valved Bilsteins, so that's not really an option. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
call maximum motorsports and ask them the differences. their website isn't very helpful in showing the differences between them all, but they do know their stuff!

·
Registered
987 Posts
The Sports should be fine I have a friend running H&R Race springs with the sport and has no problems.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What is the difference between the HD and the Sport?

·
Registered
987 Posts
petez said:
What is the difference between the HD and the Sport?
I know the valves r different dont know much else. Oh I think the HD's r better for the coil over kit.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I just did this very thing last weekend. Went with the HD's, not sure the difference between the two. I do know the HD's were factory on the Cobra's. I have MM's LCA's and FRPP caster camber plates. It rides like a new car. I am completely happy. You can get a set from StangSuspension for 535.00 and some change for the whole set. You can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I talked to someone at shox.com (very helpful and good prices, btw!).

He indicated there was No difference that we would see daily-driving. And there is not a rear sport shock anyway (the bilstein part number is the same for the rears whether I asked for the set to be "sport" or "HD"). The way I took what he was saying to me is the sports just would just cost me more. Bilsteins all have the same basic internals, are rebuildable and last virtually forever.

I did not end up buying them as I am still kicking around the adjustable tockicos... but that is my current understanding of bilsteins. I would just go with what was cheapest (HD)... unless you Auto-X or something competitively...

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that the Bilsteins were warrantied for life. Correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts