Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed Bulletta has one, about the size of a nickel, on her front passenger fender. It's probably been there a week as that is the last time I drove her. It's brown....I'm worried what it's doing to the paint. I have no wax on her yet.

Any suggestions???? How do I take it off/best way?

Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, thanks. So, it's not hurting the paint...or is it? <gulp>!

·
Registered
716 Posts
The paint is more durable than you might think. Bird droppings are one of those real life situations that is taken into consideration by auto manufacturers. Like mentioned earlier, soften it first by getting it wet. Then just wash it off with soap and water.

If Bulletta sits outside you might want to put a good coat of wax on her and get a cover. I know that down here in Texas the sun does much more damage than birds could ever do, unless of course you run into a flock of geese while you are flying low. That is NOT good!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Get it off ASAP ,but by soaking down like these guys said, first. There is some acid in bird droppings that will eventually etch the paint if it's on long enough.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Last week as I was walking out to my car in a parking lot, I noticed a crow flying overhead. I saw something fall from his legs, and I heard this loud pop noise. I ran to my Bullitt and noticed that the crow had dropped an acorn or some sort of nut on my A-pillar, right above the windshield. It looked like a rock chip...out comes the black wax. I have proceeded to install a mini-SAM apparatus near my rear-view mirror. I have installed a ground-to-air radar/infrared tracking system, and if a bird flies within a 100 yard radius, a small missile is fired. SAM pod holds 6 missiles. Reloadable from the inside. FAA-approval is pending. :grin:

·
Registered
148 Posts
DONA 4841. Your overdue for some ZAINO on BULLETTA'S paint. Will protect from your fine feathered friends aerial manuvers. But best of all the shine is mirror-like. Any wax will help but this stuff has a refelection factor to end them all. Tell Santa !

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Badkharma, you are the man! Can you install
one in DHG 3875 for me? What about ATF
approval? :lol:

Dona, get that stuff off the clearcoat ASAP!
Be gentle since birds ingest very small
rocks to aid with digestion. My wife had a
birdie poop on her Jeep hood and it went
through the clearcoat to the primer!
It was on there about a week!
DO IT NOW!

Good luck!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good advice. I clean bird crap off as soon as I find it, even if I only only have time to clean affected area. I too have had crap eat into clear coat in the past, but never to the primer. Must have been a pigeon from the nuke plant PY :lol: .

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the poop off, no residue underneath as far as I can see.

Also, toytyme, I have my Zaino, unfortunately, it's TOO cold to apply! It's 15 degrees today!!!! I have to wait until warmer weather rolls around again, but believe me, I'm very eager to get this stuff on!!!

Thanks all!
Dona

·
Registered
596 Posts
I to have been unable to wax my car yet. They have been fixing the paint since I bought it. They have been finished for 4 weeks and they told me to bring it back at 6 weeks to get the paint sealed. Then they say I have to wait 6 more weeks after that before I wax it. Is this really true? I know we have a lot of car wizards on the site, but do we have any auto painters? Maybe someone can help me out or it will be spring before my baby gets here 1st coat of wax.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I first got my Bullitt, I went to the local dealer looking for lugnuts, (another story )and since it was hot, I parked under an over hang. When I came out my car was covered with purple bird crap, ( mulberries I think ) and I cussed all the while I was removing it. Too bad the varmits weren't still there for I would have shot them with my 357!

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
:lol: Sounds like a good job for the "detainees" in Cuba!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
DONA, for bulletas sake buy a car cover or put her under cover. those damn bird always find fresh washed cars to attack.

I didnthave enough for the SAM system so I oped for a paint ball gun. You drop one on my wheels and theres 250 hard plastic PMI balls coming at you.
Warning:
It is against the law to shot projectiles even if it is a paint round at moving vehicles even it its your friends car who just did a drive by on the car your riding in(not the bullitt) The police will not car if your just testing your paintball guns before you get to the turnament.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Each and everytime I get my car out of the garage it gets crapped on. Had the law enforcement stop by a while back due to gun fire. Evidently it is illegal to shoot birds roosted in a tree in my own yard. I swear not a single pellet from the 12 gauge hit anything besides birds and tree limbs. I should have known better than to move into town with the high class city folk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts