Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Bullitt out today for a spin around the "neighborhood". I drove about 35 miles in and around the enviorons. It was getting time to head home, so I took and exit and looped down and around under the road I was on. As I did a flock of birds swooped down and under from the other side. It happened way quicker than reading this, one hit my front bumper and another struck the windshield! Sure startled me! The two birds were dead,:frown: I would be too if I hit a car doing 35 mph and I was flying at least that fast. The Bullitt amazingly was unmarked! Even the paint on the bumper isn't damaged, never mind the windshield.:surprised

·
Registered
453 Posts
No bird poop either!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rare Pony said:
No bird poop either!
Well, there was some of that. Feathers in the grill, and a mark on the bumper where one of them hit. Another mark, but nothing else on the windshield. When I got home I used some Maguires Detailing spray and the marks came off with a little rubbing. I think they were gracles. The birds that is. They fly in flocks and swoop around through the air in waves by the thousands.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
WOW! I had one hit my front sway bar before. But I think it was dieing anyway. It was just sitting in the street and wouldn't move, by the time I saw it I was going to fast to swerve, I tried to get it underneath the car and not hit it.. I was wrong :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Were you going 35 or 350? What is the speed that you can get the Bullitt into the air?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
just in case you find some droppings. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I think they were gracles. The birds that is. They fly in flocks and swoop around through the air in waves by the thousands.
The only good gracle is a dead grackle!!!!! Glad to hear no permanent damage and you did your part to rid TX of some of the peskey rascals:wink:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
They have feelings too! There is probably a couple of Mrs. Grackles out there kaw-ing for their young, never to see them again. :sad: :wink:

·
Registered
148 Posts
BigBullitt said:
They have feelings too! There is probably a couple of Mrs. Grackles out there kaw-ing for their young, never to see them again. :sad: :wink:
Guess you don't have grackles in San Antonio. Spend a couple of days in the Dallas area you will learn to hate them too!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Old Mustanger said:
Guess you don't have grackles in San Antonio. Spend a couple of days in the Dallas area you will learn to hate them too!:lol: :lol:
Just millions of them! :lol: Mockingbirds are more annoying to me, though.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Alfred Hichcock just rolled over in his grave..............:eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
When I had my 95 Lightning, I was leaving a parking lot and a flying rat (pigeon) was just standing in the road. He looked as if he had seen better days, and as a result maybe didn't want to get out of the way. Either way, I kept hoping he would jump or do a quick flap to move. Instead, my 275/60/17 straight up flattened him - dead on (no pun intended)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts