Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20,600 miles, Vortech, tri-ax, Goodyear GSD3 tires with about 3,000 miles on them. Car has NEVER been raced, NEVER speed shifted, NO burnouts ever. NEVER BEEN ABUSED, driven by a little old lady and a old man. Great car with no problems and very clean. Anyone interested please PM me for more details. $17,500 obo

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am selling the Bullitt but will not leave. I have been thinking of another car for some time now, but not really hard. A few days ago my wife (being upset that another year Bullitt would be built) told me she did not care about the Bullitt anymore and sell it. My feelings about the 08 are just the opposite of hers. I did buy it for her and if see wants it sold then it will be sold. It is such a nice car I hate to see it go.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I am selling the Bullitt but will not leave. I have been thinking of another car for some time now, but not really hard. A few days ago my wife (being upset that another year Bullitt would be built) told me she did not care about the Bullitt anymore and sell it. My feelings about the 08 are just the opposite of hers. I did buy it for her and if see wants it sold then it will be sold. It is such a nice car I hate to see it go.
I dont mean to be an A$$, but that is not really a good reason to sell it. Your just going to be upset with yourself for letting such a nice car go. But hey, who am I to tell you what to do. Good luck with the sale!
P.S. Bump that price up a bit!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This car belongs to my wife, I bought it for her, she is upset and does not want it. It is her choice and I will do it. As far as the price I want it gone as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Maybe you could let her cool off for a while and reconsider...

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I better explain my wife's attitude a little more. She is not hot-headed, just upset about the new Bullitt. For the many years we have been married she has amazed me numerous times with her attitude. She is just so calm, cool and collected. Last year when I mentioned the possibility of a new Bullitt, I could see something clicked in her. I have seen her this way a few times before, not many but a few times. She is just upset, not excited, not pi**ed off, not a raving basket case just upset. What is really strange is that if one of us would be this way, it usually would be me. I have always been the one that needed to cool off, but in this case she is still cool, calm and collected. Still amazes me. :smile:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I know that it sounds like it is pretty much a done deal that the new Bullitt will be produced but perhaps the Mrs. should wait until they actually are produced. Imagine how she would feel if she sold the current B and then Ford pulled the plug last minute on the new B. Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After more than 36 years of marriage I have learned a few things about my wife. She thinks it, she said it and she means it. The Bullitt is a memory of the past and she will always enjoy the time with it. This Bullitt has a very special meaning to both of us but, I understand her feelings and respect them. It was purchased for her after a serious medical problem for that could have been much worse, it will always be special to us for that reason.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
It will sadden me very much if you leave the site (I always appreciated the dry, subtle sense of humor) so if the car has to go, so be it, but I will expect you to stick around to make me laugh, if nothing else ;-)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
No!

Don't sell the Bullitt unless you really have a need for the cash. At times, I have the "sell it" feeling, but I don't think I could come up with a better alternative for the BULLITT unless I spend a bunch of money. I would love to have a new Corvette, but..........oh the cost and in a couple of years it will be another used muscle car that isn't as good as the new model.
Keep the Bullitt.........stay with IMBOC.....you're a good soldier. Just go out to the garage, start it, and listen to the sound or run the chase schene...you'll be back! You just need re-programmed!
ARMY TC

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Sounds like a lot of folks are trying to talk you (your wife) out of this. I looked at a black Shelby GT Saturday, listened to the engine (like the Bullitt sound better),looked at the interior (like the Bullitt interior more), looked at the engine (it has a plastic intake and ours is cast aluminum), noticed the hood latches are real and gives anyone who wants to steal engine parts easy access, etc. You see where I am going here. Let her look and compare and she will see a lot to appreciate about our cars.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no intensions of leaving this site, in the last week and a half I have visited many other Mustang forums and they are just not the same as this one. This site fits me like an old shoe, and I just plain like it here. Some may not like hearing this, and I can understand but, I keep my old shoes until wearing them hurts my back. ARMY TC picture this: I spend almost all of every day in my garage all year long, I eat meals in my garage, I use the bathroom in my garage, I watch tv in my garage. When watching tv I am sitting 11 ft. from the side of the Bullitt, when I am at the computer typing (as I am now) I am sitting 10 ft. from the front bumper of the Bullitt. Today I sold my street rod, I have had it 16 years, I had many ideas of upgrading it and last Friday made up my mind to sell. I was never going to do the upgrade, I lost interest in the car. Street rods are my passion but mine is going to a good home of a good friend. I saw it every day and I was very disappointed in myself for not doing anything to the rod. I was very close to that car. However, I own my car, it does not own me.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to those with the positive comments, feels good

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
rblack4405 said:
20,600 miles, Vortech, tri-ax, Goodyear GSD3 tires with about 3,000 miles on them. Car has NEVER been raced, NEVER speed shifted, NO burnouts ever. NEVER BEEN ABUSED, driven by a little old lady and a old man. Great car with no problems and very clean. Anyone interested please PM me for more details. $17,500 obo
That is an insanely good deal for a truly beautiful car. Anybody-and I mean anybody who is considering a Bullitt should grap this car NOW before it gets away. Look & see what clean low mile (Under 25k) Bullitts are selling for and then add in the Vortech & mods and the intangible of the great care the car has had and the 17,500 price is a no brainer. I wish I had garage & cash enough to buy your car so I could have one each DHG & Black....sigh...

P.S. You have the best sig on the site. I took it to heart when I brought #0005 home. I was worried about making changes to the car for various reasons and then I saw your signiture. It was then that I decided to make a few mods to my car to suit my own tastes, without going overboard of course....John
:cool:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
MaineBullitt said it all very nicely. I've seen the car and it's pristine in every way. Probably because DK and his wife treat the car the way they treat people - with care and respect. You will not find a more honest or honorable seller anywhere and would be hard pressed to find a better Bullitt value. Whoever ends up with this car will be very happy indeed.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I understand how she feels. I do to, and went as far as listing it here also. After a week or so I changed my mind do to the fact that I really like the 01' and as for FORDS move to make another one I would never buy a new one or another model at any price. I couldn't think of any other car at an afordable price to replace it. Sounds bitter so be it, but I'm not going to cut off my nose dispite my face. Selling it wouldn't prove anything FORD doesn't care about my issues, so I will deal with all the hipe about the 08' and be happy with what I have. My $.02 BULLISTIC

1 - 20 of 29 Posts