Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who saw the last post. The buyer changed his mind so this Bullitt is still for sale.

Sorry for the length of the post. I'm just trying to be thourough so any interested party will know what I know/saw.

It is located in Skiatook, OK. I am not the owner and I did not know her until I looked at the Bullitt a few days ago. First I will give you the information about the car that she told me. I have driven it and looked it over very closely. I'll give you my opinion about the Bullitt along with a list of issues/problems that I observed.

The owner stated that her husband purchased the Bullitt new in Atlanta. She stated that when they got married he already owned the Bullitt. He passed away two years ago and she maintained possession of the Bullitt. She has a clear title in her name. She stated that when her husband was living the Bullitt was almost always garaged or covered. He took very good care of the Bullitt. She stated that if it got the smallest amount of dirt on it he would wash and polish it. It was also his daily driver.

As for the current state of the Bullitt. She contined to use the Bullitt as a daily driver and it has not been as well cared for. The engine is extremely dirty, there are numerous scratches in the paint and the interior has seen better days. The Bullitt currently has approximately 92k miles on it.

She told me that she thought that the clutch was going out because it was squealing. When I looked at/drove the car the clutch work well. There is a very loud and annoying squeal that comes and goes. I thought it sounded like it was coming from the front of the engine, p/s pump or idler pulley maybe. I only drove it for about 10 minutes so there could still be a clutch problem that I didn't feel.

The engine ran strong. I pushed on it pretty hard and it felt smooth. No knocks, skips or hickups. I'm sure a good tune up wouldn't hurt either. I didn't get past 90 mph cause the right rear tire is pretty bad, didn't want to wind up in a ditch. The engine is very dirty and there is a pretty bad powersteering fluid leak. There was so much fluid I couldn't tell if it had just been overfilled or if there is a leak in a hose. There was fluid on the belt so that could be some or all of the annoying squeal. The A/C blows cold and all other electicals worked.

The underside looked very solid. No damage and everything looks original. I checked the rear bumper and was amazed to see that the build sheet was still there (see pic). It is stuck pretty good so I couldn't get it out. May not be much ink left on it, hard to tell.

There are numerous scratches. Keep in mind this car probably hasn't been polished for two years. So I'm sure a good thorough cleaning would do wonders. The owner stated that she slid on some oil on the highway and ran the drivers side front fender into the back bumper of a pickup truck. She stated that the only damage was to the fender and that it was replaced. I didn't see any damage to the shocktower/inner fender area. The paint on the front bumper it probably the nicest on the car, way to nice for 92k miles. She says it has never been repainted. The fog light holes have three horizontal bars in each one. I don't remember seeing these on either of my Bullitt's. I'm thinking it is V-6 Mustang bumper. These could be easily cut out. The headlights are very clear. The third brake light needs to be replaced. I think it is too far gone for the sanding repair method. The quarter window on the drivers side is from a GT. The windows have a theft deterent ID number etched into them. This is the same on all the windows. I usually see this done at dealerships on new cars. If that's when it was done maybe this window was a factory mistake. The passengers door looks like it has been repainted at some point. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it was wrecked in this area. Maybe just done because of a bad ding or scratch. The owner said it must have been done before they married because she didn't know about it. The windshield is broken.

The interior is extremely dirty also. Cigarette burns in the carpet, console and drivers door panel. Stereo is crooked, probably an easy fix. CD changer worked well. There is a burned spot in the headliner also. Unknown how this got there. One of the A/C vents has a couple of bars that have been knocked loose. May be able to fix or they might be broken, I couldn't tell.

One tire is almost new, the others are pretty bad. There is some curb rash on all the wheels.

She has lowered the price to $8000. If you are interested pm me and I will send you her contact info.

Any questions? :))

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is all the pics that I have.

I have the VIN if you want to run a carfax, pm me.

Please someone rescue this poor Bullitt before it's too late!!!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
It definitely has been wrecked. Front bumper is a V6. After looking at the pics I would say more like a $6000 car. New drivers seat cover, seat belt, head liner, windshield, new bumper or cut the slats out, at least a total wet sand and polish, new tires. Not to mention drivers side door panel and carpet. Power steering pump may be shot and if it needs a new clutch...... Great project car for someone to bring back to life!!! Someone please save it!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
buckwheat we have some members living in or near Cincy.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
What did that woman do to that poor car!
+1 for being wrecked, thats why the head lights look so clean for 92K.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Her late husband would be ****ed if he knew that she drove that car into the ground like she did.

Assuming he was as fanatical about keeping it as clean as she says.

And yes, that is NOT a Bullitt bumper. It was replaced too and she knows it was. Makes you wonder what else she is not coming clean on.

Someone needs to rescue that thing. Offer her $7K and take it off her hands.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bullitt_5135 said:
Offer her $7K and take it off her hands.
I'm not sure what her bottom dollar is right now. She said that last month she was asking $12k.

If anyone wants to make and offer I'll gladly send you her contact info.

I would love to see this Bullitt rescued.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That woman should be put in jail for car abuse. Anyone who does that to a car is absolutely stupid. Period.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Great job checking out the car and trying to find a good home for it. It's too bad the car was abused. For my money, I would do what I did....spend a bit more and get one that you know was well cared for. Who knows what other problems will crop up. To me, its worth no more than $5-6,000. Just an old man's $.02! Back when I was younger, that $.02 was actually worth something!:confused:
Bruce

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
dennisbaker said:
That woman should be put in jail for car abuse. Anyone who does that to a car is absolutely stupid. Period.
I don't totally disagree with you.

Unfortunately there are alot of people who just don't maintain their cars properly.

In her defense, she had just gone through the loss of a spouse, had to work extra to make ends meet, and went back to school so she could get a better paying job. During this time the Bullitt was her daily driver and it definately did not get the TLC that it deserved.

That said when I was going to school, working and starting a family I still found the time to keep my daily driver, an '88 Mustang GT, clean and properly maintained.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
She must have tremors while smoking, she burnt up more then just the headliner.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bullitt From Heaven said:
Send me her contact info please. I am looking for a long term project car. I miss mine and have the itch again. :)

Thanks,

Mike B

I sent her an email last night. Just got a reply from her, after I sent her info to you. She sold the Bullitt on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
"And the flogging will continue until the moral improves..."

Or in this case, someone who knows what they have takes care of the little beast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts