Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night(or early this morning)at about 3:15 a.m., I was on my way home from a party and I'm driving right through the main drag on my way home and not a car in sight.I come up over a little hill to the last stoplight before you get out of town and I pull up next to a 2001 Black Cobra. The driver immediately revs his car several times. I give him a smile and let my straight H-Pipe roar. The light turns green and we both slightly blaze the tires, To his surprise I pull ahead by a car length as I put down about 4 foot of rubber shifting into 2nd as we go screaming across the bridge crossing the Illinois River, and not another car in sight. We both keep on it and I'm still ahead by a little more than a car length as I shifted into 4th gear and then I had to come to a quick halt to get on the exit ramp as my body was still shaking from the adrenaline rush. The driver followed me to a nearby gas station and it turned out that he was an old co-worker of mine and wanted to know exactly what the Bullitt was. He said he was going to go home and start planning some mods to his car in case we meet again. He was completely overwhelmed with the Bullitt. The mods I have made to #4816 have definitely been worth it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great story! I think I read that you are thinking of going to a supercharger next.
What are your mods now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitmon on 2002-01-19 16:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight H-Pipe, Densecharger, Nitto DR's, Steeda timing adjuster
--Next weekend I'll be adding a 3.90 gear if it comes in the mail this week

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NastyBullitt on 2002-01-19 16:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NastyBullitt on 2002-01-19 16:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
That really does sound like one NastyBullitt! Have you dyno'd or dragged for a time card? My search for your posts there came up empty.

Great Bullitt Tale!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No not yet however, it will definitely be done in the spring!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i am thinking that it is time to get a new exhaust system, or should i go for the timming adjuster.?

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Nice story :wink:... Just what we want to hear<G>.

I'm thinking of starting with the underdrive pullies for 227. Mustang Weekley had some nice ones on the WEB site.

BBK Aluminum Underdrive Pulley Systems will add 10-15 horsepower while providing a great aluminum finish. This lightweight CNC machined design pulley replaces your factory waterpump, crankshaft and alternator pulleys. Includes detailed instructions and all necessary hardware.

AP-MU-154$149.95

http://store.yahoo.com/mustangweekly/ap-mu-154.html

Thakns for the great story.

Bud

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd go for the exhaust if I was you, Your car will sound a lot better and be every bit as much, if not more of an improvement than the timing adjuster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts