Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I must confess, I just don[t understand and I mean no offense BUT why change a numbered car so much that the number and the originality of the car become totally disconnected?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I thought I was they only one that called them "spats":lol: :lol:
I agree, why "customize" a numbered car beyond recognition, the only thing I see that distinguishes it as a Bullitt are the C pillars and brake calipers, otherwise it may as well just be a GT (not trying to put GT's down mind you, but I do consider our Bullitts a step up).

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
There are no changes that could not be redone very easy. As for the grill it may have come that way, some did. Many have changed wheels, suspension, front and rear bumpers, headlights, put stripes on the car etc.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
that car belonged to a member here. i remember seeing it on here a long time ago. didn't it used to be slammed with blacked out lights? and i'm pretty sure there was an issue with the motor. maybe some one else can help me out here.....

*edit* i'm blanking on the user name, but i'm pretty sure the owner had a problem getting ford to warrenty the motor because it had IRS, and o/r x pipe. or am i losing it :confused:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rblack4405 said:
There are no changes that could not be redone very easy. As for the grill it may have come that way, some did. Many have changed wheels, suspension, front and rear bumpers, headlights, put stripes on the car etc.
Yes, they could be undone relatively simply. I actually plan to put a Mach delete kit on for the time being and change to a 01 Cobra bumper in the future. I'm not knocking anyone who would alter there car slightly to better suit them, but if they go too far, I would rather them have done it to a GT. Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Is that Jerry's old car? If so, it's on it's fourth motor at least. :eek:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Notice the front mud flaps on both sides are gone as well! Not even replaced with GT ones, just gone, ripped off!!!!

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I saw this car at Planet Ford Tuesday night at a Ford dealer in North Houston. It did not sell on this Ebay ad but later to an individual. It's in pretty rough shape. The driver window was knocked out and it had plastic taped over. Both front spats were missing. The paint had a lot of swirls in it. Definitely ridden hard. Sad to see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts