Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am personally not selling but I thought since I can't buy it now that I would pass it on for a future buyer.

Its on autotrader.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=73070914&dealer_id=78852&drive=&max_price=&start_year=2001&end_year=2001&color=BLACK&address=34235&body_style=COUPE&search_type=used&make=FORD&engine=8CLDR&model=MUST&min_price=&distance=any&fuel=&advcd_on=y&advanced=y&transmission=MAN&doors=2&max_mileage=&car_year=2001&ac_afflt=none

It says a Black GT coupe but you certainly tell that it is a Bullitt. It has 30 miles on it and selling $21,500.

That is the best deal I have ever seen on a black bullitt. Only if I had an extra 6,000 and that would be mine. Well maybe in the future something will be available.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Did'nt notice a "W" in the VIN. Isn't this how one tells?????

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Donwil and all,
It's the "X" after the 42 that identifies it as a genuine Bullitt, and this VIN has it. Indeed it's a great deal!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Guys, take a very close look at the c-pillar. The x in the vin is on all GT's, not exclusive to the Bullitt. Look at item description, "cloth upholstery" . I really believe that it would indicate a Bullitt package if it was indeed one. Just my observations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiskycreek on 2001-10-25 15:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-25 15:40, whiskycreek wrote:
Guys, take a very close look at the c-pillar.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Whiskey,

You have to take another look at the C-pillar... It *is* a Bullitt. It curves back properly. There is a reflection of a sign that almost follows what would be the GT's normal c-pillar line, but it continues on down the side of the car and onto the 1/4 glass. That's how I saw it was a Bullitt. Just my $0.02

DHG #4851

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retromuscle on 2001-10-25 15:50 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Maybe the cloth upholstery is a typo?

I certainly hope this isn't a dealer that got ahold of the C pillars and made their own fake. That would suck!

I thought the VIN did indicate it was a Bullitt.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I did a search on the Auto Trader site for "Green" GT Coupes and several Bullitts appeared all in the $25K range. A couple of non-Bullitt GT's also came up that had the "X" in the VIN too.

$21K seems to be the going rate for a regular '01 GT. Either this dealer does not know what he has, and it's a great deal, or it's a GT that someone made to look like a Bullitt. Might be worth calling to ask for the build # if someone is interested.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The C pillar looks like a Bullitt to me. It also has the gascap but that's simple to add on. But the wheels don't look like they have the grey center. So they could just be aftermarket.

Probably the easiest way is to look at the rocker panel, but the pic is too small to see it. If they're smooth it's a Bullitt, if they have a lip, it's a GT.

And whiskycreek is right, all GTs have the X engine code. i just checked inventory at www1.forddirect.com and came up with the following VINs.

1FAFP42X21F237956 2001 Mustang GT COUPE PREM
1FAFP42X81F231207 2001 Mustang GT CPE DELUXE
1FAFP42X11F259138 2001 Mustang V8 CPE BULLITT

Hence, there is no X engine code just for the Bullitts. It's just the engine code for the 2V V-8.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The "X" in the VIN IS NOT exclusive to the Bullitt, although all Bullitts do have an "X" in the VIN. The gas cap, c-pillars, and calipers make it appear to be a Bullitt. I would have the dealer tell you what the ID# is. That should verify wheter it is a Bullitt or not.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just called the dealer. It was a Bullitt. But it's sold now. The reason it was so cheap is it had some fender damage which was repaired and the dealer then bought it at auction.

I wonder if the 1st Bullitt I test drove will get auctioned too then. On the test drive, a big old chunk of concrete flew up and bashed into the left front fender. Needless to say I passed on that bad boy. I'm just glad it happened before I bought it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to let you guys know that I did a search for black coupe GT's and I have found many black bullitt's that were called a gt and not a bullitt. although they were priced between 24-25k and not anywhere near 21k that's why I thought to tell you guys.

I looked at the carfax and all bullitt's say that they are a GT. You can go by X's but the only way to tell is for someone to go there or call them.

And also about the cloth, I would have to think that it is a typo because you see a lot of typos on autotrader listings. And the interior color says unknown which is really odd.

Someone must live in Maryland and go check this out!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
It certainly looks like a Bullitt at first glance, no spoiler, gas cap, wheels. But based on the price, lack of red brake calipers, and different looking C-Pillars, I would put my lot in the "Non-Bullitt" category.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not much point writing now that someone called the dealer, but if you save the picture, then zoom in on it, it does look like it has the red calipers and the mud flaps.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I see what you're looking at whiskeyctreek. it was a shadow if you look close enough it has the right filler door and you can make out the red calipers and rocker panel.
Cam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts