Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down highway 50 into Sacramento today and what pulls up next to me but a new black charger r/t! Driver looks at me, revs his engine and it was on. He took off and I caught up and passed him. He followed me for a little while and then pulled up beside. Gave each other a thumbs up and that was it. Cool moment for sure. He must have known the significance of the two cars.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Very COOL !

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Granted you caught him but I can't believe you let him get the jump on you in the first place. Just kidding - but with the 3.73 rearend you should've left him at the light. ;)

But I'm just of the belief that Chargers aren't hardly worth the effort.

R/Ts are nice but the SRT8 is a little quicker and the two I've ran into where still easy pickin's for the Bullitt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bret08 said:
Granted you caught him but I can't believe you let him get the jump on you in the first place. Just kidding - but with the 3.73 rearend you should've left him at the light. ;)

But I'm just of the belief that Chargers aren't hardly worth the effort.

R/Ts are nice but the SRT8 is a little quicker and the two I've ran into where still easy pickin's for the Bullitt.
We weren't at a light - in the middle of highway traffic cruising along around 60 mph when he pulled up next to me. So, he gunned it and pulled away from me but I caught him. Lots of cars around us but it was still fun. If I would've had my camera with me I would have tried to get him to follow me off an exit and take a picture of the two cars.

What's the horsepower of an R/T? He must have modded it a bit cuz it sounded pretty mean when he pulled away from me at first.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
The important thing here is, he seen your car and he knew EXACTLY what he was looking at! The Charger is still a muscle car even though it is a 4 door. I love it when I am setting at a stop light and someone makes a revving noise with there car as if to say, I see you now,look at me :)
I'm old and not fast, But they look at my Bullitt and they don't know that fact .

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I all so feel younger when I have my Shaker 1000 cranked up on classic rock!!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Classic rock, well rocks! I've been enjoying a great blues/jazz station. Funny thing is I had a Charger at the light yesterday. I don't condone street racing but I'll sure as heck get up to the speed limit plus a little, as fast as I can. This guy spotted me at an earlier light and turned my direction. He was swerving and racing around cars just to catch me at the next light. Very young kid. I'm guessing it wasn't his car, but you never know. He reved it up, I didn't. Dang that Bullitt can scratch second. Didn't see him again, except in the rear view.

·
Registered
172 Posts
DJstrat said:
We weren't at a light - in the middle of highway traffic cruising along around 60 mph when he pulled up next to me. So, he gunned it and pulled away from me but I caught him. Lots of cars around us but it was still fun. If I would've had my camera with me I would have tried to get him to follow me off an exit and take a picture of the two cars.

What's the horsepower of an R/T? He must have modded it a bit cuz it sounded pretty mean when he pulled away from me at first.
Stock 2009 Charger w 5.7 liter engine has 368 HP

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Human error will make the fastest car lose!

·
Registered
171 Posts
The biggest problem with the Chargers/Challengers is their weight/bulkiness and the fact that they seem to have a lame factory exhuast system. Or maybe we're just spoiled with the bada$$ Bullitt Exhuast system. I've had a new Challenger SRT8 pass me on the freeway when I was in my commuter Honda and I rolled down the window to here it as it headed up a steep grade and that SRT8 was as quiet or quieter than my Honda Civic. Comeon Mopar! They go through the trouble of making the Challenger then the throw a toned down exhaust in the SRT8?!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
What a Charger does best...:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts