Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. What do you all think about putting those black police rims they have on the police Crown Victorias on the Bullitt. I thick they would look mean on our cars. Has anybody else thought about this.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hey NOMAD!

Your BULLITT number is the closest to mine #5508. What color is it? Mine's Black. I was just wondering how many they run at a time until they switch colors.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
on a Black Bullitt, yeah it would probably look cool! but on DHG or True Blue,......i don't think so. just my .02

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-28 13:57, NOMAD#5506 wrote:
Hey guys. What do you all think about putting those black police rims they have on the police Crown Victorias on the Bullitt. I thick they would look mean on our cars. Has anybody else thought about this.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Can anyone work their PhotoShop magic on this idea? I think it'd be interesting to see what it would look like.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey #5508 my color is blue. If somebody could cut and paste the police rims on our cars that would be great.There are sights out there that have police cars. Just go search on the web and there are a bunch of sights under police cars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They are 16" rims, so I don't think that they will clear the front brakes. Plus they are only 7" wide so the widest tire you could put on them safely would be 225's. Good idea otherwise.

Brad

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Forced go on the web and do a search for Police cars there are a couple of sights out there that have these rims on them. I believe one sight is Policevehicles.com

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Here ya go. Not sure it's what your looking for, but it's a stab at it...

Have fun.

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Ok, I made the rear tire bigger and for Karl, I removed the hood scoop. And just for fun, I removed the GT from the fender as well.

Have fun.

Bud

PS Forgot. I made this image larger and I should add that the Lovely Lady is my Wife Anne (Pronounced Anna :wink:

Bud's Bullitt #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-28 19:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-28 23:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-29 04:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Now we are talking<G>. But we could add the police lights in the back and remove the star. Then it's an unmarked car<G>.

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Just some good photo editing fun :wink:

Take care.

Bud

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
"Police issue crap"???? Granted the solid black rims aren't great, but I bet the chrome center rims on the new cruisers (like mine) would look good on it. I'll have to either get or find a pic of them and see if one of our wizards here can doctor up a photo.
Cam

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Thanks Steve :wink: Yes we are... I have talked to your wife here as well, and she is also very nice. Anne, is also very nice and will talk to ANYONE :wink: I tease her about it all the time. She takes an hour and a half just to go to the grocery store. Has to say hi to everyone there :wink: But it's one of the things I really like about her :wink: But she is not as much of a Nascar fan as I am<G>.

Chilli, If you find some pics of the wheels, I will be glad to add them. The photo I found had nice wheels, but they are coverd in break dust as well as some dents in the cap.

I really like the Bullitt wheels though, but would not mind them in chrome. I ran the 5 star cragers on my 68. Complete with the knockoffs. Very nice wheels except when I was run off 101 here in CA. Rear mag seperated between the star and the actual wheel. I slid along a small cliff using the rear traction bar... What a ride. I was 22 at the time, and used it as an excuse to strip the car to bare metal. But that's another story :wink:

Send a link to some wheels or eMAIL them direct and I can change them out.

Take care.

Bud

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I know. I was wanting to say we don't pick the rims that come on the cruisers, the manufactuer(?) does. I'll try to find a pic of the new ones for ya Bud.
Cam

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Okay Bud (or Bob), here's a couple of pics I found of the center chrome piece on the new cruisers. Let's see how these look on there.
Cam

1 - 20 of 84 Posts