Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1&viewitem=&item=300081326796

And an interesting portion of the description I have not seen before:

*****Now a word to the wise about researching the price.*****

Cars that have exceptionally low mileage for the year are generally priced incorrectly when consulting your computer. For instance, if you go to a website such as Kelly Blue Book and type in 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt with 5k miles; you'll get a value. Now hit the back button and type 35k miles. BAM! You get the same number! How can this be one may ask?

The answer is simple. There are no other 5k mile 2001's to compare to. Therefore they are all put into the category of low mileage where few changes take place.

Still don't believe me? O.K., now type in 50k miles. I bet you'll save a whopping $275 on the car with 50k miles as opposed to the car with 35k miles (or the car with 5k miles for that matter) Sounds like a great deal right?

Now don't feel bad. It's not your fault. The fact of the matter is that our human brains have a lot more common sense than any computer. We know that a 5k mile car is worth quite a bit more than a 35k mile car. The only thing a computer can do is take an average. All it knows is the average mileage for this car is 72k. Once it deviates from that average - it gets very lost.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
He has an excellent point.

And that car looks exceptionally clean. I like the grill too. Very similar to the one from the movie car.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Now that is one clean black Bullitt that I would like to own
There are now 2 Blue Bullitts here in the UK but NO Black ones at all

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
A Bullitt on E-Bay just ended with an final bid price of just under 10,000.

A clean Florida car that had good milage.

Car did not sell , of course , but e-bay is NOT the place to sell, I guess.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That is one beautiful Black Bullitt. It reminds me of what a beautiful car we have. If I had the money I would go buy that car.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FCMCBULLITT said:
A Bullitt on E-Bay just ended with an final bid price of just under 10,000.

Car did not sell , of course , but e-bay is NOT the place to sell, I guess.
After a couple of years of watching, I think I agree.

What do you think of Auto Trader, guys? Wish there were not so many dealers trying to sell cars there.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
PhotoRick said:
After a couple of years of watching, I think I agree.

What do you think of Auto Trader, guys? Wish there were not so many dealers trying to sell cars there.
I found mine on auto trader.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Black 4723

4723 was registered to Damdannyboy in 2001 on Imboc. the ad that's posted in Fla. notes that it was owned by a collector now read some of damdanny's posts, does he sound like a collector?
I e-mailed West Palm Beach asking for info. on this collector and the history of the vehicle. Their response was call us.
Who does one trust? I was gonna expand my search outside of the tri-state area where I reside and hope to find someone honest/truthful w/info but I think if I can't drive it, touch it and take it to a Ford dealer for inspection, it ain't gonna happen.
These were the some issues with the PA dealer in Pottstown.
thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
buckwheat bullitt said:
4723 was registered to Damdannyboy in 2001 on Imboc. the ad that's posted in Fla. notes that it was owned by a collector now read some of damdanny's posts, does he sound like a collector?
I e-mailed West Palm Beach asking for info. on this collector and the history of the vehicle. Their response was call us.
Who does one trust? I was gonna expand my search outside of the tri-state area where I reside and hope to find someone honest/truthful w/info but I think if I can't drive it, touch it and take it to a Ford dealer for inspection, it ain't gonna happen.
These were the some issues with the PA dealer in Pottstown.
thanks
Did you check the one the MCA guy advertised in Mustang monthly? I posted his ad and email under "Bullitt for Sale" in "Steve's Used Car Lot" the other day. The guy's in N.C. or S.C.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Black 4723

I went thru damdannys posts again, and he had posted some pictures. you can see the license plate, Rhode Island, I guess that makes it a local collector in FLA.
Damn dealers! If they would just present the true facts as known to them instead of the BS.
Gotta keep searching.
Thaks for the input.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
buckwheat bullitt said:
I hit the email address and it couldn't connect w/the server. Is the address correct? Thanks
Sorry if the Mag info was bad, ad lists : hfive0 @comcast.net That's hifive(zero) and not an (Oh) in the address, anyway good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts