Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes we need to keep things just between us Bullittheads and that means using snail mail. The club will only do this for important information that we want only true bullitt owners to receive. As a true Bullitthead don't be left out!!!

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-07-30 09:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
151 Posts
TSKatz,

What's the scoop here? i am sure we all would want the details.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Patience Grasshopper.

For now we just need mailing addresses for everyone for the Bullitt owners registry and for anything that the may need to send out. This is ONLY for our use. No names/addresses will ever be given out to other parties.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a little off this topic Blakwing, but how does one verify that after market superchargers, etc. do not void warranties? Also, I would like your personal opinion on modifying my Bullitt.

Bubba

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Well I'll try to give a little sound advice here but don't take it as gospel as I am far from being an expert.
Supercharging. I think the only way you can get factory warrantied work done for a supercharged car is to have one of the Authorized Ford tuners do the complete install and everything for you. (Roush, Saleen). As for a do-it-yourself mod, the only way a warranty claim can be denied is if they can prove that the mod caused the failure. ie.. tehy can't void your anti-lock breaking system warranty because you put a X pipe on your car.
As for modding the car in general and my personal opinions to it. I'm going to do ONLY engine mods. Meaning.. no forced induction (Turbo/supercharging) no NOS or other easily catastrophic mod to the car. Going the "Engine" route.. heads, headers, forged internals, intake, exhaust.. you stand to spend a bit more money and it will take a bit more time to accomplish than bolting on a Paxton, but you'll have a solid engine that performs. You won't have to worry about Nitrous nuking your intake.. or a supercharger taking out your pistons/crank because you ran a little too much boost. There are people who run this stuff safely.. don't get me wrong. But for my dollar, and for the hopes of keeping this car for many, MANY years I'm going to err on the side of safety and go with mods that will not only make my car a stronger performer but also make a stronger car.
Hope that helps you out. :smile:

·
Registered
54 Posts
**Deleted by Blakwing**

Thanks for the info David..I've added you to the database. I deleted the info from you post here because... well this is a public board open to anyone and everyone. BB's are a prime place where more unscrupulous folks go to mine info for telemarketing, spam, and some other not so nice things. So please folks.. If you're going to send "Personal" info.. especially phone numbers.. Do so using the "Private Messages" button at the top of the screen or through e-mails.

Thanks everyone! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-08-03 14:18 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts