Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had fog lights in the bullitt for a while now. I finally yesterday tried a modifications from stangmods.com (http://www.stangmods.com/v/vspfiles/V4_Backup/BLOG/2006/11/how-to-making-your-foglights-stay-on.html) which allows for your fog lights to stay on with you high beams.

Essentially you make a fake relay with a piece of 16 gauge wire and male spade terminals. Well, I went to insert my fake relay into the "fog lamp interupt" relay and it didn't work. I tried some different combo's but nothing. Then I decided to try the "fog lamp" relay with some different combo's. Nothing worked. One combo actually caused the fog lights to turn on without the vehicle on and when I turned my high beams on, my headlights cut off...weird.

Anyways, when I gave up and put both relays in, I hit the button for my fog lights and nothing happened...the green light on the button did not even come on.

Any thoughts? I tried to look at all of the fuses under the hood, but didn't see any popped and I don't even know if and which fuse is for the fog lights. I read somewhere to "check" the relay, but I don't know what I'm "checking" for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Austin

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
check the owners manual, may be listed in there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's the first place I looked, but I can't find any fuses for fog lamps, just 2 relays, which I don't know how to tell if they are bad

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just emailed you the schematic for the headlights and foglights. It is only a couple of connections.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
258 Posts
To check the relay you need two wires and a multimeter.

Hook multimeter to terminals 30 and 87 and you will have an open. Hook 12 volts from battery to terminal 85 and hook ground to terminal 86. There will be a small spark as the relay pull power. Relay should click and you will have continuity (less than one ohm) from 30 to 87 until you unhook power or ground from the relay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright now I just figured out tonight that when I switch my high beams on, my headlights all together turn off!!! I don't know what I did to my car, but I really screwed it up

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fuse 38 in the central junction box (not battery junction box) is for the high beam lights both of them. 20 amp

Fuse 10 and 4 are for left and right low beam. 10 amp each

The best way to test a fuse is with a test light. Hook aligator clip to ground. Then probe both sides of fuse. On the plastic on the end where it is marked there is a small metal piece you can touch and light should light on both side if high beams are on. This also powers the high beam indication on the instrument panel. It is easier to check this way then pulling them out and looking at them..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much for your help. The fuse for the high beams was blown. That still left the fog lights out though. Then after thinking about it, I did a mod earlier that basically gave the fog lights power from the convertible harness (splicing the two wires together) which allowed my to turn my fogs on without my lights or parking lights having to be on. So after finding the converitlbe switch fuse, that one was blown and low and behold, replacing the fuse fixed the problem.
Thanks again for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts