Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went to get the BULLITT out this morning and the seat would not move forward. I always put the seat right back to make it easier to get out of the car in my tiny European garage.
I got the car out and got my tester and the small mini green fuse was blown.
My car has never blown a fuse but for some reason or other there were some spare fuses in the car.
I changed it and all was good.
Took the car for a drive and later tried the seat again and the same fuse had blown again.

So, me thinks, not a direct short or it would have blown as soon as I put it in.

PS. This controls the seat back and forward and the tilt and when blown I can still use the lumber support part only
Thoughts.

·
Car Whisperer
21,387 Posts
check to see what all is on the circuit prior to looking for anything. the owner's manual should tell you for that fuse what else is on the circuit. it may give you a clue if you have done anything or had anything done to the car recently.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Further

Ok so I got the car out again today and it looked like good news at first.

If you go to buy some fuses take your specs and use the A. B. C. rule...
Assume nothing, Believe nobody, Check everything.
ie kid takes wishey washey green 30Amp fuse mistakes it for a Blue 15Amp which I put in, so no wonder that one blew at once.

Now I have installed the correct 30Amp fuse I think all is good but not so blew that one as well.

Back home and take the seat right out of the car. No apparent wires trapped and nothing looking like it is out of the ordinary here to the wirring plugs or seat

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I then put my hand in one of the square holes in the carpet and felt all the way along the wiring loom as I know my carpet was changed under warranty years ago.

PS here is the seat base which all looks good, wonder if the main switch is the problem?

Attachments

·
Car Whisperer
21,387 Posts
to me, and I am no electrical expert, but have had my share of issues:

1. bad switch
2. bad motor
3. something else grounded in the circuit that the fuse services and when you hit the seat switch, it blows the fuse. again, check your manual and see what else is on that fuse/circuit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So I had went bit nuts chasing a fuse. Found on the drivers kick panel after take all the trim off, you can see a fairly sharp and pointy metal prong that multiple wire bundles run by. In ford's wisdom, there is no cover on the sharp edges and over time rubs the coating off the bundle wrap and random wires. Handling that rough to rip the basically arc welded wire lose fixed my problem instantly after years of going without radio. I couldn't quit get the whole bundle lose enough to wrap the wires very well so I also wrapped the point with some plastic packaging and gorilla tape.

If you try all the obvious stuff, then check this area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.