Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some oil dripping on my garage floor from under the engine. I was shocked to observe that a brand new engine was leaking oil and brought bullitt 1071 to the dealer the next morning. I was informed both head gaskets were blown and that a new engine would be installed. I asked why this required replacement rather than repair of the engine, and was informed that dealers do not perform any repairs to the heads of the 4.6 litter engines, instead they return them to the factory for replacement. I wonder if any other bullitt owners have had problems with the head gaskets on their cars and how many have had their engines replaced.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Gotta' ask, 1071,

Had you been suffering the infamous 'ticking' sound, as well? - or any other ongoing malady?

How many miles did you have on her?

I'm sure your new replacement will be strong.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Sure do know of one. Actually three now. Mine, #227, another one right in my own town, and another one here on the Bullitt Club site.

New motor was put in, took almost three weeks. They chipped the paint on both corners of the hood and the passenger side fender. #227 goes back on Monday.

Send me some eMAIL if you want details.

Bud Schroeder
[email protected]
[email protected]

http://www.sonic.net/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
310 Posts
All I can say is Ford better get it to gether real soon! I read an article in the paper that Ford was down to only 5 or 600 million in cash reserve that was down fro ma high of 3 billion only a few years before! I guess some projects will go on hold! Thanx Havgun!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
If you have to put a non numbers matching motor in a new car this going to strongly decrease it's value in the future collectors market. I have owned a couple of numbers matching 70's musclecars and if the numbers stamped on the block don't match the serial number you can expect to get much less for your car. I think Team Mustang should care about this. If they care about hiding stickers they should not be swapping motors in future collector cars.

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60
http://www.teddykatz.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-11-11 09:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-11-13 06:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Dang... Just found out tonight that my Dealership put an engine in another Bullitt. So that makes it 5 Bullitts that I know have had new Engines put in them;-(...

Uggg...

Bud

Bud's Bullit #00227
http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-11-12 01:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Man, I really hope this calamity doesn't spread to all other Bullitt owners... This will make Ford look really bad.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was talking to the service manager on Sat about the engines being swapped. He stated to me that Romeo wants to get them back to see why the head gaskets went for future engines and to determine what went wrong, assembly ? bad gaskets? bad heads? This way they can see if we are all F#$%ed. JMO2

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I'm not so sure this is good news or not, but I got my car back from the dealership again. They were checking over all the work from replacing the engine. They say that these problems are N O T limited to the Bullitts, that the GTs are allso experiencing this.

Bad news is they had my car for 3 days again and it came back with a bunch more chips in the paint;-(... Tomorrow they are going to work with me on having the paint work done over yet again;-(... After 4 times already, you would think they could get it right!

Anyway that's my news on the motors. I also asked Art Hyde and he said he had not heard of this being a wide spread problem.

Take care.

Bud

Bud's Bullit #00227
http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-11-15 00:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
55 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-09 00:36, BudACAD wrote:

New motor was put in, took almost three weeks. They chipped the paint on both corners of the hood and the passenger side fender.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
How did they chip the paint ??? The dealership i go to unbolts the k-member unhooks the tranny and lifts the rest of the car leaving the motor and tranny on the ground. very simple with the right lifts and no prob with stuffing it through the hood opening.

gary

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
They pulled the hood and that was how the chipped the back corners. The fender was chipped by someone that hit it, it looks like. They tried to brush touch it so I would not see it, but ... Yesterday the car came back after they had it 2 1/2 days to check the engine, replace the cowl again, and some other parts. Scratched the window post paint with the cowl, and the front looks like they ran through a sand storm;-(... Looke like I'm going to end up having the entire front end repainted anyway. It's starting to bubble from the last shop that painted it 4 times;-(... I'm NOT happy about all this;-(...

Take care.

Bud

1 - 13 of 13 Posts