Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is very interesting to me. I recently had my oil changed at 4200 miles. My first change was at 1200. I asked the "mechanic" how the oil "looked". And he said suprisingly dark. I have not noticed my level dropping between changes. You can bet I'll be checkin' it daily for awhile now though!

Anybody else notice there oil being unusually dark?

BTW - Does everyone else change their oil at 3000 mile intervals, as oppossed to the 5000 miles the manual suggests. Maybe I am just old school but oil doesn't protect that long!

·
Registered
223 Posts

5W20 oil is quite dark when it it new compared with other grades of oil. I recently did my 1000 mile oil change and I was really suprised at how dark the new oil was.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I just did mine at 1000, and the other week at 2000 and will do the 3000 this week. After that I will go to every 3000. Did not seem that dark to me. I have always done 3000 Mobil 1 synthetic. (still using Fords for now and the next couple for break in) However I may go to amsoil's 5W-20, they say you can go 7,500. I may try that and change at 6,000. Have to try one and see how it looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts