Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also found my "buck tag". I shot a picture of it (as best I could, no jack was used). I did not find the Bullitt number of the car on the tag. There are several numbers stamped on it and the word "Bullitt" The number 60 (my car) was no where to be found. I posted the picture on my Yahoo profile. (I don't know how to upload it here). http://profiles.yahoo.com/tskatz2000
Bullitt #60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 01:01 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
here ya go. I flipped it and blew it up.. You had it mirrored in your original image. :smile:

also.. to attach an image use this format..
{img}www.url.of.image.jpg{/img}
only use the [] in place of {}

2001 DHG Bullitt #171
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Always remember.. Pillage BEFORE you burn</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-05-28 09:15 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, it was actualy shot upside down.
So, the big question is...Are we still looking for another sticker that has the cars build number on it?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Found mine also! Seems to be a tough place to get at.....Should we tell everyone? A hint..To get out of the.......,you have to see the light. Hope no non BULLITT HEADS are watching!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-05-28 12:16 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope there is another id on the car with the build number. I look forward to a few more mile's so I can get under the car for it's first oil change.

Bullitt #60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-05-28 14:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
OK, where is this dern tag?? Please??

Brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to wiggle your way under the front bumper and look above the area where the left side fog light harness is. It may be bent toward the rear of the car making it hard to see. You can bend it forward and then put a flashlight on it and if you are
flexable enough take a pictue of it. The easier way would be to jack up the front end but I was able to photograph it with my Sony mac with no Jack used. My tag does not have my build number on it. The word Bulit is there and some numbers. Anybody know what those numbers indicate???

·
Registered
58 Posts
I must have missed something, you mentioned you are looking for another tag with vehicle number. Why? Is there supposed to be one? Who says?

·
Registered
193 Posts
You dudes are crackin' the ol Catsmasher all up!

I can just see you crawlin around, lookin for the 'mystery' tag with your buttcracks all hangin out. What a bunch of zealots!

Now I will go look for mine.

The CatSmasher

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-31 17:21, CatSmasher wrote:
You dudes are crackin' the ol Catsmasher all up!

I can just see you crawlin around, lookin for the 'mystery' tag with your buttcracks all hangin out. What a bunch of zealots!

Now I will go look for mine.

The CatSmasher
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL :-B

That's hilarious!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes it was funny, i really cracked up when i heard that crack

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
There is another Holographic ID sticker hidden somewhere on the car. The body tag with the word BULIT is used to ID the car during a plant process. Have fun hunting!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,028 Posts
Here is a quote from MUSTANG TIMES magazine that only Mustang Clubs of America get:

Q. "I keep reading that this new Bullitt Mustang has some kind of special serial number on it. I assume that this is in addition to the usual identification number. Where is this number located? Does it serve any specific purpose?"

A. Yes, there is a special serial number for the Bullitts. The numbers are on holographic labels and are positioned in two locations on the car. The first location is on the left shock tower facing forward. The second location should remain a mystery. The purpose of the number is to ensure identification of the vehicles for collector purposes. We think in the future there will be more Bullitts around than we built since most all the parts will be available in the aftermarket through Ford Racing and Ford Customer Serivce Division. The unique serial numbers and labels will be the easiest way to identify a real Bullitt versus a reproducion Bullitt."

This question and answer were in the May 2001 issue. Answers provided by Art Hyde

Vicki

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
For the newbie’s :smile:

The second is generally under the carpet on the transmission tunnel in front of the back seat.

Hank

1 - 20 of 24 Posts