Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local dealership today (Diblasi Ford, Queens) and the salesman I know told me I can buy (from his parts dept) DHG colored side view mirror covers. I think he said they're made by Ford. :question:

This really sounds interesting... classy. I'm going to find out tomorrow what the price to install these would be. :cool:

What do you all think? :question: :question: :question:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
droopysbullitt said:
Hmm. George from Jordan had his painted. Looked awesome. I would ask a few more questions since no Mustangs come with painted mirrors even the GT 500. Was this a parts person or a car salesmen?
I spoke to the salesman I've gotten to know, even though I didn't buy my Bullitt from this dealer.

I just called the Parts Department, and they didn't see this part in their system. I've left a message for the salesman to call me when he gets back from lunch. Maybe what he was really thinking was to paint them. But I don't think so. :question:

More later...

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BB2008 said:
I wonder how Argent would look, to match the rims and calipers? You would probably have to get that custom painted, unless maybe Alloy would be a close match.
Hi Ken,

Well, I've never seen a car with anything other than either black or body color colored side mirrors.

I'm not sure what "Argent" looks like. :rolleyes: Sorry for being so "color challenged". :lol:

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
SteveNYC said:
Hi Ken,

Well, I've never seen a car with anything other than either black or body color colored side mirrors.

I'm not sure what "Argent" looks like. :rolleyes: Sorry for being so "color challenged". :lol:

Steve

Dark Argent is the color of your Bullitt rims and brake calipers (dark gray).

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
2cokeman said:
Calipers are the same colour as the rims

I meant that Dark Argent is a dark gray- sorry if I wasn't clear:redface:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
'argent' is silver
So then the rims and calipers are a dark silver?

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've bought them from PartsCheap.com

My local dealer called me back. There are no covers made by Ford. He referred me to the after-market products. :arrow:

So, tonight I ordered the full mirror covers in Highland Green! :smile:

http://www.partscheap.com/Mustang_Mirror_Covers_p/mc67306p.htm

$150 "on sale / reduced from $175".

Says they go on with 3M tape. Has anyone worked with that stuff before? Any suggestions for doing the job right?

Steve

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Clean the area real well before installation, a good clean with soap and water, then I would use something like Simple green on the area, clean again with water, then use some alchol on a rag. Tape should stick.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rblack4405 said:
Clean the area real well before installation, a good clean with soap and water, then I would use something like Simple green on the area, clean again with water, then use some alchol on a rag. Tape should stick.
Thanks for the help! I'll buy some Simple Green! :wink:

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts