Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked the owner of my Ford dealership to "cut me some slack" on replacing and painting of my left front fender on the '08 Bullitt. The estimate they gave me to paint and clearcoat (off car) the fender and install it, including tax was $576.87.

So, good deal... or not?

I was thinking $500, out the door.

·
39,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
texasbullitt said:
go for it brutha, my estimates if you recall were 450-500 so
Yep, it didn't sound like the "deal of the century," but I think $500 would be fair. I'm really more concerned with the workmanship, and I think the dealer is my best bet to match it and have it done so as to escape notice of prior repair. Thanks, Mark! (I don't care what they say about you, you're all right)... :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I don't know that you can get anything done for less than $500 at any body shop now. It's sort of like tossing a twenty on the counter back in 1970... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Hell grab it bodyshop around here wanted $150.00 just to paint after market aluminium gas tank door.

·
39,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, it sounds like a pretty fair deal then. Thanks people!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
I asked the owner of my Ford dealership to "cut me some slack" on replacing and painting of my left front fender on the '08 Bullitt. The estimate they gave me to paint and clearcoat (off car) the fender and install it, including tax was $576.87.

So, good deal... or not?

I was thinking $500, out the door.
Sounds reasonable to me.

tigerhonaker

·
39,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Sounds reasonable to me.

tigerhonaker
And you should know, Terry. Thanks everyone! :clap2: