Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No.....Stopped by a friend's house today,and saw he was helping his neighbor replace the plastic intake manifold,on a 2002 Ford Taurus,with the 24V V6.
Seems the engine had trouble starting,awhile back,and he sprayed a lot of Starting Fluid,into the air intake.
Well when he went to crank it,the resulting explosion, shattered the plastic intake!!! Man what a mess!!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,283 Posts
[/url]

(Glad no one was hurt. But, look at the bright side. I'll bet the old manifold was easy to remove). :lol:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Nadda Plastic

Ah, plastic, the "perfect" material for an intake manifold...:rolleyes: Just ask any mid 90's to early 2000's 4.6 Ford owner. Sure glad the Bullitt has an aluminum manifold! I wouldn't even consider buying a Ford product with a 4.6 and a plastic intake manifold. Just look at the abysmal failure rate. Why does it take years for manufacturers (especially domestic) to get these things corrected:confused: Failed plastic gaskets for several years on V6 GM products from the same period is another example. Luckily, my Grand Prix was covered under warranty. Both have had to pay out big settlements to class action lawsuits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts