Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not quite boom tubes, but I had the Pypes muffler deletes on my car for a day. Too loud for me, for sale if anybody wants them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
onefastbob said:
I have been thinking real seriously about doing the boom tubes. Haven't done it yet. Got to get rid of this whimpy exhaust..........
Hey Bob,

I don't think you will like straight pipes unless you never listen to the stereo or try to carry a conversation in the car while driving. It will get real old real fast...

For a nice deep rich sound at idle and cruising and a down right mean growling beast at full throttle I would highly recommend the excellent high quality stainless steel 5GT Ford Racing mufflers.

I purchased two sets of these for $440 each plus shipping for my 08 Bullitt and my wife's 08 GT. I installed them on the GT along with the Ford Racing CAI and a Ford racing 91 octane tune. I have not installed them on my Bullitt (even though I am dying to!) because I made a firm decision to leave it 100% stock (boy that is so tough). SOOO, I have a brand new set in an unopened box I'll let you have for $400 plus actual shipping. You'll not find them for any less anywhere.

Cheers~ Anthony

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Boom tubes are really not straight pipes, they have some muffling in the tailpipes. I am still thinking about ordering them, just need to make up my mind. I don't want just straight pipes (too loud). The Bullitt sound is too whimpy and mellow for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
onefastbob said:
Boom tubes are really not straight pipes, they have some muffling in the tailpipes. I am still thinking about ordering them, just need to make up my mind. I don't want just straight pipes (too loud). The Bullitt sound is too whimpy and mellow for me.
Oh okay, well they might be okay then. I know what you mean about the stock sound, it is nice, just way too soft. After driving the modified GT for a few of thousand miles now, I finally got back in the Bullitt Saturday and took it out for a drive, and now it appears flat out wimpy in comparison. I know I have wavered and pondered over this for a couple of months now regarding my Bullitt, and I hate to be wishy-washy about it, but years ago I modified so many what would be considered to be highly collectible cars today without regard to future value and see how much more they are worth in true stock form that it makes me hesitate big time. However, it is such a simple and easily reversible modification, and as long as the stock pieces are carefully stored no harm done, in fact, the stock units would be like new which not a bad thing is. The heck with it, I have had this big box in my way for two months now, could not sell them on eBay, might as well put them on and enjoy the car. As it stands now it is actually disappointing to start it when compared to my wife's mean sounding GT. In fact, she laughed and pointed at my Bullitt the other day when I started it and drove off, and that was hard to take... Anthony

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Bob, I think these Axle-Backs might just be the "Ticket" !!!!!!

onefastbob said:
I have been thinking real seriously about doing the boom tubes. Haven't done it yet. Got to get rid of this whimpy exhaust..........
Hey Bob,

Here is what I am going with once I place the order for my Comp Cams with

Brenspeed.

I have (Personally) heard these on a New Bullitt Mustang from a

Stand-Still "Wide Open" take off. Right in front of me........

They are Louder than the (Stock Bullitt Mufflers) with a DEEP (NOT-Ricer) Sound. They give the Bullitt a

Powerful V8 Sound that I think you are looking for.

The Bullitt Owner that was in Front of Me was the Guy that had the

2008 Bullitt, 2008 Shelby GT 500, Silver RT Hemi Charger, now the recently Purchased

2008 "Orange" Daytona Hemi Charger. Non other than "Wild Man", My Pal, 08 Shifter (Mark).

This guy knows his Stuff IMHO. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Yes (Mark) also still has this:

Oh and Not to Ever-Forget this, His Pride & Joy for Daily Use :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

The "Fiesta" Machine:

Flowmaster "American Thunder" axle backs.

Take a look on You Tube as they have Videos of the "American Thunder" Flowmaster

axle backs on Mustangs.

May be just the ticket for You if you want the Bullitt to (Sound) more Muscled and

still more Normal with windows up and Cruise Set while Trucking down the Interstate.

Yes, Brenspeed sales them along with many other places.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Borla 11750 s type for me.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Flowmaster "American Thunder" axle backs.
Howdy Terry....

Yep, Flows definitely fit the ticket...Here is my original "Pony Tail Cam" I did some time back. This is stock GT exhaust, with Flow AT's......

Mike

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Howdy Terry....

Yep, Flows definitely fit the ticket...Here is my original "Pony Tail Cam" I did some time back. This is stock GT exhaust, with Flow AT's......

Mike

That is them Mike...........

Hey Not a Bad-Job at all with the Video :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now, just picture the Bullitt with a set of Comp Cams and some other Mods and the

"American Thunder" Flowmasters.

Thats what I am talking about :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
TERRY whats going on with yiur drve shaft, keep us all posted. Talk to you over weekend. The flowmasters do sound like the movie. Be safe my friend. john

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
"Dynotech" is in the Works ..............

cpd0924 said:
TERRY whats going on with your drive shaft, keep us all posted. Talk to you over weekend. The flowmasters do sound like the movie. Be safe my friend. john
John,

Here is an Up-Date on the "Dynotech" Aluminum 3.5 Inch Drive Shaft.

I did order it from Brenspeed as I said in my (Signature).

What I did not say was that it is coming (Directly) from "Dynotech" to me.

Not to Brenspeed, then from them to Me.

So, it is like a (Tentative) ship Date of 2-Weeks out.

I am Very Much looking forward to getting it and having it installed.

The same Tech. at the Acura Dealer I work for is going to do the Install.

He is a Master Tech. so I don't think there will be any concern about him

handling it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

So, as I have said in the past, Stay-Tuned IMBOC as Update will be Coming !!!!!!

After this will be the Comp Cams, "American Thunder" Flowmasters.

And of course a New "Brenspeed Tune" to pull it all together...............

No-Decision on which "Comp Cams" yet I am going with..........

Still talking with "Brenspeed" regarding that matter...........

tigerhonaker

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
John,

Here is an Up-Date on the "Dynotech" Aluminum 3.5 Inch Drive Shaft.

I did order it from Brenspeed as I said in my (Signature).

What I did not say was that it is coming (Directly) from "Dynotech" to me.

Not to Brenspeed, then from them to Me.

So, it is like a (Tentative) ship Date of 2-Weeks out.

I am Very Much looking forward to getting it and having it installed.

The same Tech. at the Acura Dealer I work for is going to do the Install.

He is a Master Tech. so I don't think there will be any concern about him

handling it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

So, as I have said in the past, Stay-Tuned IMBOC as Update will be Coming !!!!!!

After this will be the Comp Cams, "American Thunder" Flowmasters.

And of course a New "Brenspeed Tune" to pull it all together...............

No-Decision on which "Comp Cams" yet I am going with..........

Still talking with "Brenspeed" regarding that matter...........

tigerhonaker
Terry, the more I research and look into it...the more I think I will go with Comp Cams NSR Stage 2 setup. Much less drivability concerns and still 25 to 30 HP at the wheels increase. Just my 2 cents.......

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
onefastbob said:
Terry, the more I research and look into it...the more I think I will go with Comp Cams NSR Stage 2 setup. Much less drivability concerns and still 25 to 30 HP at the wheels increase. Just my 2 cents.......
Bob,

Excellent Choice, the Comp Cams NSR Stage 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

But if I were (YOU) I would "Wait" until I Post Additional Info. here on

Comp Cams ................

More Info. coming from Me regarding this Matter in a couple of Weeks ...........

Bob, Don't get in a Hurry !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Flowmasters is a nice choice Terry.It's all in the sound you want,I have been running them for years myself on various vehicles and have never been let down.
The only system I ever heard that I liked more was on a massively modified mid 80's Mustang GT.It was a complete Bassani stainless with catless X-pipe.I wish I had a video of that car,Loud and proud!It was the wildest sounding exhaust system I have ever heard.
For those of you without the funds or need to be too loud,Terry's Bullit sounds damn good after a few thousand miles of foot to the floor action.Maybe he got a one off set of mufflers on his car:badgrin:

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Bob,

Excellent Choice, the Comp Cams NSR Stage 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

But if I were (YOU) I would "Wait" until I Post Additional Info. here on

Comp Cams ................

More Info. coming from Me regarding this Matter in a couple of Weeks ...........

Bob, Don't get in a Hurry !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker
Terry

I am not in a hurry on the cams. Probably will be after the first of the year unless I find someone I trust locally to install them. Then might go to Brenspeed or Sutton performance in Chicago for installation. As I stated before I really like the idle sound of the Thumper cams, but drivability is very important to me. Also I do not want to destroy the Bullitt's fuel economy. I went for a 300 mile round trip yesterday and got just over 25mpg (computer showed 26.5) on 91 octane fuel. I am willing to take a small hit in the MPG department, but not a large one. I may be getting a company pickup and if that happens the Bullitt drivability issue will be less of an issue and will do a more radical upgrade (maybe heads, cams and springs). Stay tuned!

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
08 Shifter said:
Flowmasters is a nice choice Terry.It's all in the sound you want,I have been running them for years myself on various vehicles and have never been let down.
The only system I ever heard that I liked more was on a massively modified mid 80's Mustang GT.It was a complete Bassani stainless with catless X-pipe.I wish I had a video of that car,Loud and proud!It was the wildest sounding exhaust system I have ever heard.
For those of you without the funds or need to be too loud,Terry's Bullit sounds damn good after a few thousand miles of foot to the floor action.Maybe he got a one off set of mufflers on his car:badgrin:
Mark, Are the flowmasters actually quite a bit louder than the stock Bullitt mufflers? The Bullitt mufflers sound nice, but way to quite for my liking! I want great sound which the flowmasters have, but louder and not straight pipe loud. Hope that makes sense!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts