Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im not sure WTH it was but. i was on my way back to my office and got caught in a little skermish with a SRT-4. thing was pretty slow, i stayed on his but at only half throttle :D but i went to hit the throttle to full and i didnt realize i was that close to my red line, Oops lol, and hit it pretty hard. well the car was still running "ok" until i got to the next light to turn left, and the car stalled on me and wouldnt start?!?!?! well i floored it to clear the injectors and reset it, let off the gas and al it would do is crank hmmmmm....well i let off the key and tried again, and the starter must have gotten stuck or something cause it ground when i tried it again....well it finally started, but it was making a sound when in gear trying to move like the tranny had blown and the car was trying to stall again...hmmm...so i just kept my foot on the gas a little to keep it started and it seemed to be running ok. hopfully when i go home it is ok and it doesnt just "finish" itself off. not to sure what it could be. at first it sounded like the Vortech had blown and the internal fan was rubbing. but then it sounded like it was coming from the tranny and the motor at the same time?!?!? hmmmm well only time will tell.

p.s. the srt-4 guy was like holy S*#T that car is baddA$$ lol

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah same here. im hoping it was just the shifter only being in half way or something by accident. Crazy thing is that no codes are being triggerd or anything. weird. if it is then whatever it is that needs replacing IE: Tranny, motor, S/C, Itll be upgraded.

·
Registered
57 Posts
SWAG Check the flywheel, crankshaft endplay, and tranny function.

As far as the stalling after you run it hard, with the blower, they normally run rich after a hard run, and will try to stall. This is why, when they are tuned, you go a little lean at idle, to compensate for this.

Hopefully, it's all minor and "external".

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swt said:
SWAG Check the flywheel, crankshaft endplay, and tranny function.

As far as the stalling after you run it hard, with the blower, they normally run rich after a hard run, and will try to stall. This is why, when they are tuned, you go a little lean at idle, to compensate for this.

Hopefully, it's all minor and "external".
Yah, the car has been perfectly tuned and i havnt ever had that problem before with the car stalling after a hard run. im hoping it was just a freak thing and nothing expensive lol. cause if i had to do the motor i wouldnt be putting the stock stuff back in just so it could break again.

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Hope it its nothing serious.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
Hope it its nothing serious.
+1
That car is too nice to be off the road for any length of time.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took the car to the folks house this morning(since i dont trust driving it all the way up to work) and got a ride in with my father. Well the ride home from work yesterday proved that the motor and tranny seem to be fine IE: the engine temp gauge stayed normal so no ir-regular movement causeing excess heat inside the motor, Vacume/boost gauge was normal so nothing there, Oil pressure gauge working fine and smooth, tranny still shifts fine. And when i was on the same street as my home i had it in first and gave it some gas and heard that unsitely sound, which is like the "death rattle" that our cars normally get but considerably louder. it sounds like its coming from the bell housing on the tranny so im thinking that it is something to do with the flywheel and/or Clutch. my mechanic is going to take a look at it tommorrow. if thats the case, ill need some idea. since i dont plan on putting the stock stuff back in just so it can break again.

Also while driving i get hesitation/slipping type action it feels like from my driveline, so if it is the tranny going bad ill have to see if Frank aka RARECAT still has that T-56 6 speed and all the other parts to convert it.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hi Aaron,
How much boost do you run?

I suppose if you run a power adder through our weak Tremecs and bad things can happen. Your Bullitt will be better with a new trans for sure.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PhotoRick said:
Hi Aaron,
How much boost do you run?

I suppose if you run a power adder through our weak Tremecs and bad things can happen. Your Bullitt will be better with a new trans for sure.
It spikes at 11 psi in first gear and runs at only about 8 psi. but i really rag on my tranny and clutch so i guess it was only a matter of time. That and yes the T3650 isnt very understandable. you never know if itll blow at stock power or last with 450+ lol

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Good luck man, keep us posted on what you and your mechanic find. Even take some pics if you can.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Thanks. ill be building a Road race car so ill need a 6 speed.
Why a six speed? You'll never use it on a track unless you plan on driving the Nurburgring. I hardly ever get to use 5th gear. Most of the time you'll be in 3rd and 4th gears. Save some money and bulletproof your 5 speed.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DOC1FMF said:
Why a six speed? You'll never use it on a track unless you plan on driving the Nurburgring. I hardly ever get to use 5th gear. Most of the time you'll be in 3rd and 4th gears. Save some money and bulletproof your 5 speed.
IDK its just like when i DO drive it on highways and stuff it always feels like i need that extra gear. IDK.

If it comes down to it and ill need to spend big bucks to get this thing fixed, ill be buying another car thats better on gas until i can afford to fix it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well just got a call from my mechanic and he said my #3 on the CAI side of the motor spark plug was smashed on the electrode end. not to sure what coulda caused it but he is looking into it.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Well just got a call from my mechanic and he said my #3 on the CAI side of the motor spark plug was smashed on the electrode end. not to sure what coulda caused it but he is looking into it.
Looks like a new motor might be in the works :(

1 - 20 of 57 Posts