Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting some conflicting reports about modifications. I'm not overly impressed with the system in the Bullitt, and would like to beef it up a bit(not competition grade, just for my personal enjoyment) I have 2 12" Sony Xplodes, a Sony amp to drive them, I also have a Direct x-over EQ that I would like to use, I don't feel the Mach 460 has near enough freq separation, or tunability. Just Bass and Treble?!?!? in this day of awsome factory systems? The stock system in my Durango could lay waste to the Bullitt "radio". Anyway, I've been to a few shops around town, one said that the subs will not work well, and the EQ not at all. Shop 2 said subs will work, you just have to know where to tap into the system, EQ will not work. Shop 3 had never heard of the Mach 460, but is sure that if he installed it, it would work fine, after all, it is only electrical pulses to a se of speakers. Does any one know for sure?

·
Registered
224 Posts
checkout the mods section...there have been some good posts in there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Eric,
When I went to my local shop, they told me that I needed an adapter for the woofers/amp to work with the factory system. Unfortunatly, the adapter costs $150.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've added some bottom end to the Mach460. I had a shop install a JL Audio Stealthbox and a JL Audio Sub Amp. They had to remove the factory sub-amp on the right side to be able to fit the Stealthbox. That amp usually runs the two fatory subs in the rear deck and after listening to the system with and without those subs, we decided to leave them off since the JL sub sounded cleaner by itself. They used the inputs from the factory amp to drive the new JL Audio amp. The stealthbox has one 10" sub and the system sounds much better now. Here is a pic:

JD
DHG 0327

1 - 4 of 4 Posts